Chapter 1

Yeji has been lying on the sofa for an hour and a half, scrolling through profiles and swiping in the yellow bee app that she re-installed for the nth time.

This has been the most boring summer break of her college life so far. She usually plans in advance and gets a summer job but the coffee shop she usually works in has been temporarily closed until further notice. A renovation of some sort, the sign says.

As always, her parents are overseas on a business trip and didn't even bother checking in with her if a summer at home would be favorable.

Psh. I don't want to come home to an empty house anyway. Yeji told herself.

And so the long days of staying in bed, ordering take outs and night club hopping began. Most of her friends went home, and her best friend decided to take some elective classes so most of her days are spent slacking around her apartment.

She stares at her phone screen absentmindedly. She usually goes for girls who look for the same things - a quick, meaningless fling. And everything else that goes with it.

She's not one to commit or look for relationships. Especially at a time when she's slowly feeling the pressure of business school.

The doorbell startled her and she dropped her phone to her face.

"Mother f-"

That's when she remembered that she placed an advance order for today's lunch.

She hurriedly went to the door and received the large pepperoni from the delivery man. The smell made her stomach growl. She grabbed her phone from the sofa and sat on the dining table.

Hey! :)

A message from the app was previewed in the notification pane.

When she opened it, she saw a photo of a pink-haired girl who was smiling so wide, she almost looked like a cat because of the whiskers-like folds on her cheeks. 

Ryujin

Ryujin. Her displayed name said. Yeji visited her profile, wondering why she didn't remember swiping right on her.

Age: 21

Location: Seoul, South Korea

Height: 1.64m

Hobbies include Dancing, Singing, Taking Photos and Reading

Prompt: 2 truths and a lie

I have never dated anyone.

I am good at dancing but too shy to dance in front of other people.

I like John Green more than Emily Dickinson.