Chapter 33

Yeji was fondly looking at her two best friends as they were spending a quiet time in a local restaurant near Aeri's hotel.

She visited Chaeryeong the day after she landed and was glad that she instantly clicked with Aeri, too.

"I didn't think I'd miss it here this much", she admitted, as Chaeryeong was filling her in with the current events and the new developments for the past years.

The redhead was so happy and proud when she found out the news that Yeji was finally able to break away from her family's strings.

"So you're still not planning on moving back?" She teased.

Aeri subtly looked at the cat eye with raised eyebrows.

The truth was, Yeji has been looking at some properties since she came. She hasn't been back in the country for a long time and her experience upon landing wasn't the best, but the familiar feeling that's been sitting in her stomach since she stepped out of the airport was unmatched. This place will always be her home.

Their conversation was interrupted by Chaeryeong's phone. It was sitting at the table between them so Yeji naturally glanced towards it when it started ringing, a familiar name was flashing on the screen.

Lia-ah.

Chaeryeong gave her a quick glance. The cat eye nodded and directed her attention towards Aeri - who was trying to lighten up the mood with a story about her travel encounters.

She couldn't help the divided attention as she heard her best friend's worried tone while talking to the other person on the phone.

She was aware that Chaeryeong stayed friends with Lia and the girls from the dance class, and she's happy that she did. She told her how she saw Ryujin and her girlfriend at the airport when she landed, and how weird of a coincidence it was. She left out the part where she cried herself all the way to the hotel, though. She didn't think it was relevant anymore, especially after discovering that Ryujin is now in a seemingly loving relationship.

But it didn't eliminate the fact that she gets curious everytime she hears her name – just like today.

"Ryujin-ah? What d- what was she thinking? Aish. Alright, alright I'll be there."

Chaeryeong started to gather her things and give her companions an apologetic look.

"Sorry, I have to go and meet Ry- a friend. She got in trouble and I need to go and check on her."

Yeji nodded in the background, already knowing who she's going to.

"How are you gonna get there? We can drive you." Aeri offered, remembering that they picked Chaeryeong up from her house.

The redhead halted, seemingly just realizing that she didn't bring her car with her.

"Uh, I'm alright. I can take a taxi going there."

She shot doubtful looks towards Yeji.

"No it's alright Yeongie. We'll drive you there. It seemed like an emergency, too." The cat eye insisted and gave her an assuring nod.

*

Ryujin already knew who was at the door because of the multiple doorbells.