Chapter 24

Ryujin was walking out of her last class when she saw a cluster of students gathering around the grounds.

As she walked over to the space, she could hear the sound of a girl singing. No microphones or speakers - just a raw voice with a guitar as an accompaniment.

Curiosity got the better of her and she decided to check out the commotion.

Her jaw almost fell to the ground as she saw the person who was singing.

She's wearing a leather jacket, sporting a cap and a pair of sunglasses as she does her best to hide her face while singing - but Ryujin would recognize her anywhere.

What the hell is my girlfriend doing busking in the middle of my university's common area?

She wasn't accepting money, and there wasn't any place to put up any cash, but there was a sign that Ryujin had to read twice to make sure that she didn't take it by mistake.

Busking for my girlfriend. She probably won't come forward but I know she'll watch - Day 1 of trying to make the best of our days.

The brunette blushed as she saw Yeji's subtle smile upon seeing her.

You're just too good to be true

Can't take my eyes off of you

You feel like heaven to touch

I wanna hold you so much

At long last, love has arrived

"She's here", the cat eye ad libs as she smiles in Ryujin's direction.

And I thank God I'm alive

You're just too good to be true

Can't take my eyes off of you

Everyone around gushed as they tried to figure out who the girlfriend the mysterious girl was singing to.

Ryujin could see a lot of girls blushing and (probably) crushing over her girlfriend but she paid no mind to them as she focused on how good Yeji's voice is. She didn't know she could sing so well.

And most of all, she didn't know Yeji would pull off this kind of act.

What has gotten into her?? She never wandered away from the parking lot where she always waited for Ryujin when it's her turn to fetch her.

She used to be so annoyed even by the slightest act of romance. Sure, she improved a lot over the course of their relationship and she has always been affectionate towards Ryujin, but the brunette didn't expect her to be this public with her love.

She closed her eyes lightly and let herself be lost in the music.

When the song ended, Yeji smiled widely and bowed.

"Thank you for listening, everyone. My job here is done."

She winked towards the brunette and started to gather her things.

The crowd started to cheer and clap for the cat eye and Ryujin felt so smitten looking at her bask in it.

She quietly slipped out of the crowd and waited in the usual spot where her girlfriend was parked.