Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Ryujin was already satisfied with the money she was earning out of simple tasks - distributing exams, sending email reminders for quizzes, collecting projects and accomplished paperworks. What she didn't expect was to see a certain cat-eyed girl in class on her 2nd day on the job.

She discreetly checked the previous day's attendance and surely, she was not present. There's no way she would've missed her while she was memorizing the seats and names of the students in the class.

Yeji was wearing something different, too, unlike the usual fit that she wears. The fit looks like a randomly thrown outfit that she completely pulled off.

Ryujin had to double take when she saw her in front of her as she was handing out the exam papers. The other girl looked as surprised, but the earlier was able to casually say that she's the new TA.

She spent the next hour trying not to stare at her as Yeji concentrated on the exam questions. She was so focused on the test, she looked like she was in her own, quiet bubble. When she's taking her time to think about something, she bites the end of her pencil lightly. When it's something she cannot remember, Ryujin assumes, she tilts her head up and closes her eyes while trying to remember. When she was done, she stared at her paper for several seconds with a small smile on her face. It was so cute, Ryujin had to pinch herself to stop the growing grin on her face.

Yeji seemed confident as she walked towards Ryujin to hand her the paper. The latter bowed her head and pretended to check the submitted papers on hand as the other girl walked closer. She looked up and smiled upon reading her name - Hwang Yeji.

It has a nice ring to it, she thought. It's also a very familiar last name, she's sure she heard it before.

She finished the rest of the day with a renewed energy - knowing that she'll see the cat-eyed girl twice a week for the next 3 months.

Later that night, Ryujin received an unexpected message while she's playing her mobile game. She sat up upon seeing Yeji's name on her notification window.

Why do I seem to always run to you in unexpected places? Is this telling me something? Grrskdjslnenawekln

"Huh", Ryuyin smirked as she read the message. "She must've been thinking out loud."

She replied immediately and decided to tease the other girl with multiple messages. There was no way she would've let this accidentally-sent message go.

She spent the next hour staring at the message and imagining how Yeji looked when she realized it was accidentally sent.

Later on, she tucked herself in to sleep and forgot about her game completely.