Chapter 31

Ryujin was doing a last sweep on the museum before locking the doors and leaving everything to her staff tomorrow.

Lia was already in front when she was done.

"All ready for tomorrow?" her best friend asked.

"Yup. Just making sure everything's properly set."

The other girl nodded and started to drive home.

She has been running these art exhibits for 3 years now - project heading the tours and auctions that happens every 2 months and not once did she encounter any major problems during the events.

Apart from this day job, she also has been busying herself with continuing to do art. She has sold a lot of her major creations over the years and is now one of the new known artists in Seoul.

Lia has become successful in her field, too, and the two have decided to move to a bigger house in the middle of the city.

They don't live together anymore, but they acquired properties in the same neighborhood - not wanting to live far away from each other and all. Lia still drives Ryujin around because the latter still chooses not to drive most days.

"So Isa's coming back tomorrow, that's why you're missing the exhibit?"

The brunette nodded.

"I'll pick her up tomorrow afternoon."

"Her New York contract is done, right? Is she planning to take another overseas project after this one?"

Ryujin shrugged and sighed. "I don't know. We haven't talked about that yet."

"Are you two fighting again?" Lia casually asked, having witnessed a lot of the couple's fights before.

"Yeah", is the only answer she got and she knew better than to pursue the question.

It can't be helped.

Ryujin and Isa have been dating for more than 3 years. After Isa finished her apprenticeship in the UK for 2 years, they reconnected and continued where they left off before she left.

But since then, Isa has been traveling back and forth to different countries because of her job - she's an amazing architect who has been sought out by different agencies in the world. After her first 8-month contract abroad since they started dating, the couple agreed to stay in Korea - considering the challenges they encountered in long distance back then.

But Isa couldn't let go of her goals. She's an achiever. And Ryujin supported her for it. But after one two many overseas projects, fighting has become a huge part of their relationship.

It's exhausting but the brunette wanted to believe that they both still have fights left in them. They've been at it for three years and couldn't let go of each other, after all.

"You know, it'd be easier for you to stay in the West and not come home to Korea. What are you even doing traveling back and forth to Asia and the West repeatedly? You don't have a life here, Isa. You've always been built to explore the big cities."

Ryujin overheard her girlfriend talking to a colleague one time when she was running late to pick her up at the airport.

She found her seated in the waiting area with a colleague that Ryujin recognized. Her girlfriend didn't hear her arrive.