Chapter 29

Disclaimer: Time Jumps, Flashbacks

"So you're really sure about this one?" Aeri was pointing at something from her computer but the cat eye doesn't seem to be listening.

"So no. I'll decide and make it flower-shaped with lots of oranges and green, then."

This seemed to catch Yeji's attention.

"What? Orange? No. I told you we'll go with neutrals, Ri."

Her best friend looked at her weirdly.

"Well, you haven't been listening to me. And I've been blabbering about this wall for 5 minutes, Yeji-ahhh. What's on your mind? Is there a problem with the sponsors? What is it? Tell me."

She has been thinking about a certain invite that she received days ago.

It has been eight months after her dramatic exit from the company and it's the first time in a while that she was able to do a simple errand and not worry about anything.

She moved in with her best friend after resigning and has been in contact with a lot of people and connections ever since.

Prior to submitting her resignation, Aeri and herself had been working in the background on the plans of opening up a dance studio in the US. They've gotten up 80% of the plans and have contacted a lot of sponsors and people who will work on building the studio, promoting them and teaching the lessons too.

By the time of her exit, everything is pretty much set up, they just need some time to acquire the funding that they need.

And several months after, they were able to kick start the actual building construction.

While Aeri was out buying groceries, Yeji was awakened by the doorbell.

She wasn't able to answer right away so by the time she reached the door, there was no one there but a small parcel.

She brought it inside and found an invite from a previous colleague.

She hadn't heard from this person for years, but for a time back in college, she was always so attentive to Yeji. They've been seatmates in several subjects and she never fails to greet her hello whenever they see each other.

She didn't think that those fleeting interactions might have actually meant something to the girl.

"I received an invite from one of our classmates a few days ago. I don't know if you remember her - Chuu?" She turned her attention to the current conversation.

Aeri paused for a minute to think.

"Oh, the girl who always used to greet you so cheerfully whenever we ran into her on campus? She was your seatmate on a lot of subjects before, I remember her."

Yeji nodded.

"What was the invite for?"

"It's... for a birthday celebration."

Her best friend paused and blinked in surprise.

"A birthday celebration? W-why? Have you been in contact with her for the last four years without my knowledge?"

Yeji didn't have to think twice.

"No. I also was surprised by the invite. And how did she find our address anyway?"