Chapter 12

Ryujin was quick to notice that Yeji wasn't herself during class. She was looking down during most of the discussions and she didn't seem to absorb whatever professor Park was saying. She wasn't even taking notes, which seemed like a state of emergency for the brunette.

She honestly didn't know what to expect when she agreed to meet with Yeji after class. But judging from the other girl's obvious unease, it must be bad.

When they met at the usual coffee shop, Yeji still looked dazed but offered Ryujin a small smile upon seeing her.

"Hey", the cat-eye greeted as she took a seat.

"Everything alright? You look a little out of sorts today."

"Yeah, I just need to figure a lot of things out. Things have been... happening."

She closed her eyes and rested her head on her seat. Ryujin waited patiently. She didn't know whether or not to start the conversation, so she took the moment to appreciate Yeji. Despite seeing her every week for the past several months and even having slept with her, she still could not get enough of the cat-eyed girl's presence. Even the way she sighs to herself with her eyes closed makes Ryujin's heart beat a little faster.

She spent a whole 10 minutes staring at her when Yeji finally opened her eyes.

"Alright. Let's get this over with."

Ryujin gulped. This is not off to a good start.

She already knew that it's impossible for them to be together, but the rejection is still something that she can't get her heart to be prepared for.

Yeji had to take a deep breath before meeting Ryujin's eyes. Somehow, the cat eyed girl seemed to be struggling with whatever she had to say.

"We need to agree that what happened was a one-time thing", Yeji started. Ryujin just kept her gaze on her, dreading whatever she's about to say next.

"And we should probably steer away from each other, too, from hereon."

There it is.

Ryujin knows there's no other way around it but to agree, but her voice was nowhere to be found so she just nodded.

"We don't have to be cruel to each other, of course. But I don't think it's smart for us to hangout."

She's not sure what it is about Yeji's demeanor today but she said it in a way that doesn't sound like her. She's usually snarky, sarcastic, and has a very idgaf attitude but she actually sounded conflicted today.

Or maybe it's just my delusional hope, Ryujin thought to herself.

"Let's at least have a decent coffee today" is all that Ryujin could ask. To which Yeji agreed without question.

They were quiet for a bit when the cat-eyed girl spoke up.

"I did enjoy the motorcycle ride. Makes me want to trash my car and buy one myself."

She looked up and saw her smirking while making the comment.

"Yeah? Call me up for lessons, then."

Ryujin teased back.

"I'll charge, of course. Professional relationship and all."

Yeji chuckled at that and the conversation eased in from there. They spent the next hour mostly talking and joking about how Ryujin had zero rizz and then laughing at how Yeji used a very slang term that isn't appropriate for her age.