Chapter 6

The rest of the summer break went by fast. Before she knew it, Ryujin came in for her last day on the job.

She found Sana sitting on the stool by the bar, a couple of hours earlier than her shift as always. However this time, she's sitting with someone.

"I knew you'd be here early", the singer greeted.

"Yeah, and why is that?" Ryujin nodded towards the girl sitting beside her.

"Because it's your last day of work, and you're sentimental."

She chuckled at that. She is indeed sentimental. And Sana might have seen that side of her once or twice during their Friday drinking sessions.

"By the way this is Dahyun, she's the boss' sister. You might have seen her around."

Ryujin's face lit up with recognition. She has seen the girl around. She has also seen her once with Sana the day after the party when a certain cat-eyed girl also tried hitting up on her.

"So you guys... are you-"

"Yup", Sana cut her off as she grinned at the already smiling woman beside her.

Wow, what a turn of events. And they look ridiculously cute together, too.

Ryujin was pretty sure the two had already forgotten about her so she backed away slowly.

"Well, it was nice bumping into both of you."

Sana nodded and gave her a wink as she walked away.

The rest of the shift went by smoothly. Because it's mid-week, there weren't many customers who came in. When Ryujin was done, the boss met her and jokingly said that he'll be expecting her next year.

She walked home and found Lia in the living room when she came in.

"Hey Ryu. How was your last shift?"

"It was fine, and slow."

"Have you sorted out your schedule yet?" The other girl asked as Ryujin sat beside her.

"Uh-huh. You?"

Lia nodded. "So you're really gonna TA for that professor in SU?"

Seoul University is a top rated school in South Korea and an expensive one, at that. Only the richest kids can afford to go there. They do give out limited scholarships every year but it was rumored that you have to have some connections if you'd want to be waitlisted.

Ryujin met a professor from the said university one night while she was working at the bar. She was surprisingly humorous and humble. Upon learning that she's a student and is minoring in business, the professor tapped her for a part time job as a TA in one of her classes. The offer was good and the hours were not very hectic so she took it.

"Yup. I was able to fit in a few classes in the afternoon, too. I'm not very busy on Thursdays and Fridays anyway."

"Well, good luck with that. I heard there are lots of extremely rude students there."

Ryujin shrugged it off and proceeded to her room to rest.

When the first Thursday came, Ryujin arrived early at SU's gate to wait for Jihyo, the professor. She stood by the huge tree near the gate and observed the unending rows of cars entering the gates.

Now she understood why some schools need to have gates this big - it's crazy how there's not a single walking person in the area. She felt a little out of place the moment she got out of the cab and realized she was surrounded by fancy cars.