Chapter 15

Ryujin found herself in the middle of the dance mob created by all the other girls in her classes when their dance teacher put her performance in first place.

"Shin Ryujin! Shin Ryujin!"

They've been freestyling to a 50 cent song for the past 5 minutes and they're all too hyped up to mind the volume of the shouts and cheers until the studio owner entered the space.

"Oh, we're sorry Eunseo. It was a very exhilarating day for everyone", Chaeryeong calmly represented the group, as always.

The familiar face entered the room and Ryujin couldn't help but stop in her tracks to throw a quick glance at her. She hasn't seen a certain cat-eyed girl around the studio again but she often sees Eunseo with her airpods on, talking non-stop but hisses down whenever there are people entering or exiting the rooms. Sometimes, she'll be glued to her phone, intently typing as if she cannot wait to send the next reply to whoever's on the other line.

She wonders if it's Yeji she's talking to.

"There's a delivery for Ryujin. Delivery guy says he was instructed to give the package only to her", she was brought out of her thoughts when she realized Eunseo was talking about her.

"Oh", was the only thing that came out of her mouth as she followed the other girl outside.

The hallway was fairly short but because of the intensity in the air, it felt like they were walking a quarter of the great wall.

Eunseo cleared her throat and pointed towards the delivery guy before rushing back to her booth to retrieve her phone.

"Are you Shin Ryujin?"

Ryujin nodded as she received the gigantic box from the rider. She was surprised that it's light. There weren't any cards or any indication who it's from so she carried it back to the room to check.

Everyone was so curious that they gathered around Ryujin as she opened the box.

A huge transparent balloon with small emoji-designed balloons inside of it came out and hung in the air.

There was a small note inside:

Here are a few more emojis to help you text better.

Congratulations on winning first place :)

A short PS in parenthesis was written in a smaller font below.

(I may or may not have bugged your instructor for info on who might top the performances. This is not an admission and I invoke my right to remain silent).

She couldn't help the grin that spread across her face when she realized who it's from. She feels so freaking elated, she could dance to several more routines and not get tired due to the renewed energy from the gift.

Comes with it is a slight questioning why, and how, and... why the cat-eyed girl did it.

While the rest of the girls started teasing her and asking controversial questions, Ryujin found a shrugging Chaeryeong in the corner. She tilted her head slightly and smirked.

She's itching to know what the hell is going on.

But for the meantime, she decided to bask in the glory of knowing that Hwang Yeji sent her a not-so-subtle congratulatory gift that came with a lot of thoughtfulness to it.