Chapter 22

A few days after their return to Seoul, Yeji was surprised to see her Mother waiting for her in the apartment.

She just got home from a quick lunch with Ryujin and when she opened the door, a familiar figure was sitting in her living room - a cup of coffee in hand.

"Mom??"

"Yeji", her mom acknowledged her - not even hiding that she's not here to talk bubbles and butterflies.

Yeji walked towards the living room and sat across from her mother politely.

She never calls me Yeji, unless she's talking about business. The cat eye thought to herself.

"I hope you don't mind, I got your code from Chaeyeong and I helped myself to some coffee. The place..." she paused and looked around "isn't very clean at the moment and I'd rather sit where I can focus on the view from the window."

She's making small talk? What the fuck does this mean?

"What are you doing here, mother?"

"You don't seem very happy to see me", the older woman put down her cup and stood up.

"Which is typical. So I won't stay long. And I'll only say this once."

Yeji met her mother's eyes as she dreaded the next words that came after.

"Stop messing around."

Yeji stood up, confused. "What do you mean me-"

"What you're doing with these women. Put a stop to it. Immediately."

The cat-eye was filled with instant horror as she realized what was happening. Her mother knows.

Before she could even react properly, her mom put out several printed photos and threw them on the table between them.

Photos of Yeji and almost every girl she hooked up with for the past couple of years.

Photos of her leaving clubs and coffee shops with different women. A photo of her and another woman dancing intimately in the middle of the dance floor. Photos of her entering her apartment with them. As her eyes traveled across the photographs, she caught a photo of her and Ryujin in her hometown's coffee shop and her heart dropped to the ground.

"This last trip is the last straw. What were you doing in Gangwon chasing a woman? Have you gone mental?"

"I didn't-" the cat-eye struggled to explain herself and it was getting harder to breathe.

"I didn't raise you to be this way, Hwang Yeji. I didn't raise you to be a fool who listens and gets influenced by all these lesbian activities. They are not in your league. You're too smart to fall for this."

Fall for this? Is she blaming all these women for my actions instead of accepting that I might not be the person she expects her to be?

Yeji's feeling more dizzy as she stood up to stop her mother from speaking.

She's saying something about dropping out and traveling abroad... being coerced to do inappropriate things... someone must've been drugging her secretly... some girl's parents being only interested in my wealth... Ryujin... Her Mom and Da-