03

Thanks to the tiramisu, Sunghoon was in a very happy mood. On the way to the P.E. class in the empty hallway, the three gossiping boys were distracted and Sunghoon accidently bumped into someone. And ofcourse that was Jake.

"I'm sorr-" Sunghoon apologized, but was cutted off by the arrogant boy.

"Tch, another clingy dumbass? Give me a break, you think I don't realize how you bumped into me on purpose?" Jake spat out, without thinking for a second moment. Let's say that was his toxic trait, he was VERY rude.

"Or let's just say your long-fashionable-hair are falling all over your eyes that made you unable to see three living people walking in front of you?" Sunoo didn't even hesitate to tell the boy off.

"He's not talking to y-" Jay didn't even get to complete one sentence as he was cut off by the Japanese transferee.

"Shut up angry bird, Sunoo's not talking to you either!" Ni-ki said as he rolled his eyes, making Jay smirk.

"Aww you're a fiesty one, aren't you cutie?" Before the boy could even approach Ni-ki, he was kicked on the back of his knees, and now was kneeling down. (DAMN NI-KI)

"STAY. AWAY. JERK." The boy said in his deepest voice and that literally gave chills to everyone in the hallway. Ni-ki grabbed his friends' hands as they made way to the grounds, leaving two shocked boys alone.

"Well, now that was embarrassing-"

"Shut up Jake. Not the right time." Jay said, his jaw still dropped.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Guys I'm sorry it was just..." As soon as he realized that he was not supposed to engage with the three popular boys, the first thing Ni-ki did was to apologize to his friends.

"You know what, it felt nice. Finally someone who can show them their place." Sunoo sassily said as he picked up the basketball and threw a basket easily like it was not a big deal at all.

"It'll be okay right? I don't want to be a burden to you guys. Even now, I just couldn't say anything and you guys were there to defend me. I feel useless and to be very honest I just don't feel I'm worthy enough to be defended like this. It was my fault too. I should've had paid attention to the surroundings." Sunghoon slowly murmured as he teared up again. He was really sensitive because of the instances that have been happening to him.

"Hoon, don't cry. I know we've known each other for like a day, but I know I can trust you guys, you are just that kind of people who make me feel safe even in this unfamiliar country." Ni-ki said as he held Sunghoon's shoulders, making him feel better.

"To be honest, the classmates find me annoying just because they think every class president is teacher's pet, no one befriends me easily, but you guys did. And you guys seem genuinely happy having me around, so I don't care, I think you are my best friends." Sunoo then shrugged his shoulders as he dribbled the basketball.

"Sunghoon sometimes you annoy me a lot."

"What did I even do?"

"I'm kidding, you're quite nice. Just a bit too clingy. And weird."

"Are you being serious now, Eric?"

"Don't take it to heart man! If I won't say my real feelings to my friend, then to whom?"

"You're right, I guess."
Sunghoon sighed as he passed a little box of juice to him.

Sunghoon. He was confused. He never knew what a true friend was. He thought friends are just supposed to hang out together to avoid any loneliness? Do they make each other happy too? Are they kind to each other too? Do they always feel safe around each other? This was what he felt around Ni-ki and Sunoo.

-------------------------------------------------------------

So the day passed well and it was finally the lunch time. Sunghoon didn't even want to remember what happened the past day in the canteen.

"Hey Hoon, it's okay. We're here with you." Ni-ki rubbed Sunghoon's back whose anxiety was growing as they were approaching the canteen full of students.

As soon as the boys entered, gossiping turned into whispering, and ofcourse the whispers were about them.

"I need you all to mind your own fucking businesses if you do not want to risk your remaining school life." Sunghoon heard a cold voice from behind, and ofcourse again, he had to encounter Jake. Jay was directly staring at Ni-ki with a smirk, but it definitely wasnt anger. Sunghoon didn't like Jake. He was cocky, arrogant and full of himself, just like him. He reminded Sunghoon of him.

The two boys ignored Sunghoon and his friends as they made way towards their seats.

"Ofcourse why would they want people whispering about them?" Sunoo broke the silence between the three.

"I don't even want to talk about them. Anyways, do you guys want to come over? We can have a anime binge night since tomorrow is a holiday, and then we can go to arcade?" Ni-ki suggested the two boys.

Sunghoon's eyes glistened. He never partied with his friends. It was the first time he was invited. He could never miss the chance and guess what's the plus, he loves anime.

His dull eyes shone.

"CAN WE? REALLY??" His excitement was very clear.

Seeing Sunghoon this happy for the first time, Ni-ki and Sunoo beamed too.

"Have you never been to any friend's sleepover before?" Sunoo asked as he looked at Sunghoon's smile practically fade.

"Hey- I didn't mean to-"

"I guess I had the wrong image of friendship in my mind, because I never got treated like one. I was homeschooled in USA since I was a kid. When I transferred to Korea and joined the previous school, things happened. Things I don't want to remember." Sunghoon could hardly finish his sentence as he again felt tears as he felt Sunoo engulfing him in a hug.

"You know what Hoon, let us show you what real friends are." Ni-ki stated as he looked VERY, maybe too much determined, and cute, that made the other two boys chuckle.

Little did they know, two boys were staring straight at them, and practically the whole school who now used to hate them for standing up against the popular duo.

-------------------------------------------------------------
"Did mom eat?" Jake asked Ms. Lim, the caretaker as soon as he entered home, more like a mansion.

"No, sir. She's not eating again. She says she needs to work." Ms. Lim replied.

"Can you please give me a plate and fork. I'll ask her to eat, you should eat some too, you must be working hard." The black haired boy smiled as he took the plate my Ms. Lim. She practically watched Jake grow up, ofcourse he was attached to her.

-------------------------------------------------------------

English is my second language and I know my vocabulary is very limited please bear with my repeated words dhgddhdj I hope this story is making sense or whatever.