23

The dinner was over finally, and the students were given some time to take a rest before the night campfire.

Sunghoon, Sunoo and Ni-ki made way to their room, they locked the door from inside and the first thing Ni-ki saw after entering was his best friend's standing in front of him, crossing their arms, their eyes demanding a valid answer.

"Uh...." Ni-ki looked anywhere but in their eyes.

"You know he's a playboy right? And you hated him, right?" Sunghoon frowned as he looked at Ni-ki.

"Yes I know! I really do! But what if he's changed? What if he's not the person that he used to be? And I trust him, I can see that he loves me... a lot. I've never seen him flirting with anyone else after he met me--" Ni-ki replied and was cutted off by Sunoo.

"Except yesterday and today." Sunoo said.

"Okay I'll trust him for now, but if he hurts you, I swear it won't be easy for him." Sunghoon said as he took a seat on his bed.

"Yeah let's just give him a chance." Sunoo added as he winked at Ni-ki.

"Well damn. Ni-ki is no more single. My hopeless romantic ass is crying somewhere in the corner." Sunoo said as he dramatically lets out a cry of desperation.

"It's fine! I'm here waiting for a prince charming too." Sunghoon sighed as he patted Sunoo's back.

"Dude you literally have two guys staring at you like you're some precious treasure, stop being dumb." Ni-ki said as he put on his beanie, getting ready to go to the campfire area.

"I don't like Jungwon anymore Ni-ki. Also two guys? Who's the other one?" Sunghoon said as he rolled eyes at Ni-ki.

"Jake is down bad for you, it's so obvious. He suddenly realized his mistakes and even apologized likeee???" Sunoo said as he handed over a warmer jacket to Sunghoon.

This made Sunghoon think about the way Jake held him when he was about to fall from the tree... The way Sunghoon looked into his eyes making him feeling like he'd burst out, The way Jake hugged Sunghoon out of nowhere when the boy saw him crying...

"Hoon?? HOON?" Ni-ki called Sunghoon as he snapped out of a daze.

"Eh- HuH- whAT-" Sunghoon blinked as he looked at Ni-ki.

"What the hell, why're your cheeks turning red?! Do you have a fever?!" Sunoo reached out to check his forehead, but it was just as cold as the air flowing outside.

"You guys are thinking too much, we used to literally fight our asses off. Maybe we're just not used to see him being nice to us. Jake can't like me, he won't like me." Sunghoon said as he let out a chuckle, trying to calm down.

"And what about you? Do you like Jake?" Ni-ki said as he crossed his arms.

"Huh?" That was all Sunghoon could say before there was a knock on the door.

"They're calling for the campfire." Jungwon peeked his head as he slightly opened the door.

"Oh, yeah we're coming." Sunghoon replied as he rushed out, dragging Sunoo and Ni-ki along with him.
----------------------------------------------------------

It was too chilly. The wind was hitting hard on their faces as they took their seats on the chairs around the fire. But the warmth of fire and the tiny sparks flying around from the fire was such a comfort. That was how Sunghoon was feeling as he looked around. Jay and Ni-ki were silly arguing, Jungwon and Sunoo were having a stupid staring contest, tearing up like crazies but oh well. Then he looked over to Jake who was struggling with his marshmallow, it was burning black, that made Sunghoon giggle a bit, before he even realized it. His life indeed was a mess in the past, wasn't it? But now, he felt nice and warm. Okay, maybe not warm... atleast for now.

Soon the campfire started and everyone started enjoying marshmallows and hot chocolates, while some shared fun stories and some sang and danced. Sunghoon was silently admiring the student who was singing as Jake sat near him and cleared his throat for the boy's attention.

"He should probably reconsider his singing skills, right?"

"Alteast he's enjoying it. I'm glad he's able to do so." Sunghoon said as he admiring looked at the student who was giggling and singing his heart out.

"You can do it too. I'm sure you'll enjoy." Jake shifted his gaze to Sunghoon and so did Jisung.

"I'm scared. I can't." Sunghoon didn't know how he spoke it.

Bro literally decided not to show his vulnerability so easily a few hours ago.

Realizing that it's been a few more seconds than you stare at a friend, Jake felt warmth creeping up his cheeks as he looked at the ground, then glance at Sunghoon.

"Oh. It's fine. You can sing whenever you want to. But I personally, won't ever judge you... no matter how you sing. I'm sure you're great though." Jake replied again making Sunghoon feeling something weird in his stomach again.

"I don't really like him....Do I?" Sunghoon thought as he looked at Jake for quite a few moments.
----------------------------------------------------------

The campfire ended as the cold just grew more and more.

Everyone was sleeping, it was nearly midnight. In Jake, Jungwon and Jay's room, it was awfully quiet for some reason. Finally, Jake decided to break it.

"Jungwon?" Jake spoke and Jungwon, as if was waiting for him to break the silence, let out a hum, a signal for him to continue speaking.

"You didn't meet Sunghoon for the first time in the school right?" Jake continued.

"I don't see how anything related to me or Sunghoon is of your business, Jake." Jungwon replied as the room shone when Jake turned the lights on and looked at him.

"Jake what--" Jay opened his mouth to stop Jake, but Jake looked... annoyed and mad. So he just shut his mouth up and let his best friend speak.

"You're partially wrong here, Yang Jungwon. Anything related to you is NOT my business but anything related to Sunghoon IS my business." Jake spoke as he stepped closer to Jungwon, who just let out a smug smile.

"You seem to like him more than a friend." Jungwon replied as he got up and passes a judgy look to at Jake.
----------------------------------------------------------

Orange flower is so good.