26

Ni-ki cleared his throat.

"You didn't tell me how you discovered this place."

Jay chuckled as he realized how easy it was for him to make everything about Ni-ki.

"My bad. So since I was not very satisfied with the fancy food, fancy lifestyle, fancy places, I used to come here whenever I was sad. And I ended up finding a haven here, with this tteokbokki, and now, with you as well." He spoke as he took another bite.

Unable to handle his emotions, Ni-ki playfully rolled his eyes.

"You know, I hate how you're making everything about me."

"You love it. You're not that hard to read, Ni-ki." Jay replied as he looked at Ni-ki with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"I hate you."

"I love you too."
----------------------------------------------------------

Some weeks passed. These days were full of Ni-ki and Jay being all over each other, Sunoo being lost in his own thoughts, Jake stealing glances at certain someone, Jungwon trying to accept his destiny that Sunghoon doesn't see him more than a friend, and Sunghoon, well, he started smiling more often. He started speaking up more often. He started writing more often. Heeseung even taught him some producing, he could make basic beats now.

"Thankyou. Please do visit again." Sunghoon smiled at the customer as he heard someone else entered.

"Hello. Welcome- Oh Jake! How are you?" He smiled at the boy standing in front of him.

"I'm doing well, how about you, Sunghoon?" He spoke as the younger boy shrugged his shoulders.

"Great. What are you buying?"

"I was craving some ramyeon and corn dog. Did you eat yet?" Jake curiously asked.

"Not yet, I'll eat once my shift ends."

"Let's eat together. There's no customer anyways, and Lia will handle the counter?" Jake glanced at Lia with pleading eyes, and it didn't take more than a moment for Lia to understand.

"But--" Sunghoon spoke but was cut off by the girl.

"Hoon, if you don't go and eat right now, I'm breaking that door and blaming it all on you." She spoke as she lightly pushed Sunghoon out of the counter.

Jake grabbed two cups of Jin Ramyeon mild as he knew it was Sunghoon's favourite while Sunghoon microwaved the corn dogs. After preparing them they took seats. Lia looked at them and passed a motherly smile.

"Why don't you eat at home?" Sunghoon spoke as he looked at Jake.

"I felt suffocated at home, it feels nice outside. Why didn't you eat yet?" Jake asked.

"I don't know... Didn't feel like eating..." Sunghoon took slurp of the ramyeon.

All Jake did was to glance at Sunghoon in relief. The thought that bothered him was that Sunghoon would probably have skipped meal if he hadn't forced him to eat. This pained him a bit.

"Do.. do you want to take a walk?" Jake asked the boy who looked at him as if he cracked the biggest joke.

"I have work to d-" Sunghoon was interrupted by Lia.

"I'll manage that." She spoke, giggling at both of them.

"WHAT WHY NO-" Sunghoon panicked.

Honestly, he didn't want to go out with Hyunjin. Recently Jake was being so nice and considerate of his feelings... Was that the reason why he felt weird whenever he was around Jake? He wasn't sure what that was yet, but it was something.

"She said she'll manage. You also cover for her during her date with Ryujin." Jake spoke as he looked at Sunghoon with pleading eyes, as if it'll be the only chance he'll get with Sunghoon.

"But- Fine." Sunghoon had to agree. He just had to.

"Have fun on your date, rest assured." Lia said as she giggled making Sunghoon feel flustered.

"hEY, it's not a da--" Sunghoon was dragged to the door by Jake who blushed and smiled secretly.

---------------------------------------------------------

It was cold. But somehow, both the guys felt warm, walking beside each other. It was a comfortable silence. Neither of them felt any burden to speak as the only noise they could hear was the trees rustling.

"Did you see Jay and Ni-ki's posts? They went for a date today." Jake said as he looked at Sunghoon, who was trying to kick a tiny pebble that was on his way.

"I did. They look happy. I hope they're always happy." He said as he smiled thinking of his bestfriend smiling with his whole heart.

"I hope you're always happy too, Sunghoon."

"Ha? Did you say something?"

Jake stops in his tracks as he looked at Sunghoon, not breaking any eye contact.

"Happiness suits you the most. I'll make sure to be the one to make you smile more often."

"I-" A sudden call interrupts their moment as Sunghoon picks it up.

"Is this Park Sunghoon?"
----------------------------------------------------------

Heeseung finished creating another song as he felt his head throbbing. He took a gulp of water, maybe too big for his throat, making it hurt.

He finished the song making as he finally looked around his surroundings. His studio was a mess. There was a pile of emptied coffee cans and energy drinks that made Heeseung work for hours more. He let's out a satisfied smile as he finally got up from his seat to get some food for him and finally get some rest on the couch which would be more comfortable for him.

He looked forward to see Sunghoon after so long. To ask him about the trip. About him. About his friends. About... Sunoo.

But suddenly he felt everything spinning, he felt his breath getting faster, cold sweats covering his whole body, his head throbbing even more as he slammed his hand on the table nearby, trying to feel okay, trying to support himself, but at the end, he could do nothing but close his eyes as his knees gave up.

"Heeseung are you okay--? HEESEUNG!" Yeonjun entered his studio only to find him unconscious on the ground. The first thing he did was to call the ambulance and get him to the hospital. He checked Heeseung's phone while the doctor was checking him, and with shaking hands, opens his emergency contacts and finding only one name. Park Sunghoon. His brother. The one he used to brag about.

----------------------------------------------------------

Cliffhanger ..