07

"Jungwon, you can seat over there, right behind Ni-ki and Sunghoon." Mr. Kim said as he pointed towards the seat and Jungwon nodded.

Sunghoon kept his eyes down, he didn't want to meet the new boy's eyes. His breathing got heavier as he felt Jungwon sit behind him. Ni-ki saw how Sunghoon started shaking, confused, he held his hands and rubbed the back of it.

"Hoon? You alright? Are you feeling sick?" Ni-ki asked frowning.

Sunghoon couldn't either shake his head nor nod. He was too shocked to react. Ni-ki looked back at Jungwon who was already looking at him, patting Sunghoon's back, assuring him that everything will be alright.
---------------------------------------------------------

flashback

"This year is going to be very fun." Sunghoon said as he looked at his best friend Eric, who was scrolling on his phone.

"Hmm." Eric replied as Sunghoon pouted.

"You really love to ignore me do you?" Sunghoon mumbled as he fumbled inside his bag to take his schedule out. He went straight and bumped into someone.

He looked up and his cheeks evidently turned pink. It was Jungwon. The handsome guy that every junior and seniors loved. It's just that... he was very rude and cold to people. But somewhere Sunghoon knew he had a good side to him too. Sunghoon once saw Jungwon helping a grandma crossing the road. That was when he fell for Jungwon.

"Are you blind?" Jungwon blurted out at the taller boy.

Sunghoon shook his head as he made way for Jungwon to walk, blushing hard.

"He's too handsome for my health. Eriiiiiicccc what am I supposed to do?" Sunghoon asked his best friend as he silently fanboyed over Jungwon.

"Move on Sunghoon, he's way out of your league." Eric said, still focusing on his phone.

"You're so mean.."

"What? I'm just saying the truth. Jungwon is the most popular guy in the school, why would he even notice you." Eric said as they walked towards their class.

Days passed and Sunghoon started falling more for Jungwon. The reason, he didn't know. But the way Jungwon made him feel, nobody else did. Sunghoon felt his heart beating at fast pace whenever Jungwon was around and for an expressive person like Sunghoon, it was getting hard to keep it in.

"Hey, nerd, give us all the money you have." A senior asked as he pushed Sunghoon towards the lockers.

"I- I-"

"Cat got your tongue? Speak up, nerd."

"I don't have-"

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?" The senior yelled as he punched Sunghoon.

"I really-" Sunghoon started tearing up as he had no one to ask for help.

"Don't cry you weak bitch!" The guy was again going to punch him but someone held his hand.

And to Sunghoon's surprise, it was Jungwon.

"Stop it sunbae. You're not fun." He said as he stopped his hand and punched him on the face as well.

"Yang Jungwon, you-"

"What will you do? Your dad would lose his job if you dare to touch me." Jungwon fake pouted as he looked at Sunghoon once and made his way towards the basketball court.

"He...cares about me?" Sunghoon mumbled to himself as he picked his bag up and moved to his class.

Some more days passed. Sunghoon could now see that Jungwon was comparatively more kind to people around him, to him too. That made him fall for Jungwon more.

"Hey, can I sit here?"

Sunghoon looked up only to blush and look down. It was Jungwon. He nodded shyly as he made space for the latter to sit.

He looked at Jungwon's side profile. It was the prettiest side profile Sunghoon had ever seen. His sharp nose, his cute dimples, his blinking eyes. That was it. Sunghoon couldn't just keep it in anymore. His heart used to beat so fast whenever Jungwon used to look at him, to the point that it'll explode.

'What worse could happen?' He thought.

'He's kind now so he won't reject me harshly, will he?' Sunghoon was ready to get rejected because somewhere he knew that he was out of Jungwon's league. He got whole school swooning over him.

He gathered all his courage as he teared up a note from his notebook and wrote something and passed to Jungwon.

'I like you.'

"Mr. Park and Mr. Yang! What are you doing?" Their teacher caught them as he took the paper from Jungwon's hand and read it out loud.

The whole class gasped, Jungwon looked embarrassed and Sunghoon instantly regretted his discussion.

"Do you come to school for these?! Huh? I need you both in my office after this lecture."

This way both the boys ended up in his office. The students in the hallway were looking at how they got scolded.

Jungwon grabbed Sunghoon's hand as he dragged him to the centre of the hallways which made it seem like he wanted to grab attention.

"What do you think you were doing?" He yelled in the front of hallway full of students.

"I-" Sunghoon could not say anything.

He was guilty and scared. Jungwon made him feel like he did wrong to confess his feelings. Jungwon grabbed his collar as he looked straight into his eyes and said something that made Sunghoon's heart tear into pieces.

"The audacity? How dare did you even think for once that I would date you? Someone so stupid and such an outcast. Moreover, I'm not gay like you, disgusting."

After that day, for weeks, Sunghoon got bullied and told no one. Not even Heeseung. He got called names for being gay. He used to return home with a dirty uniform everyday and used to wash it before his parents come from work.

About Eric, he ofcourse left Sunghoon hanging.

"I was hanging around with you because I had no one else to be with. But I must say, you were really annoying." He said to the boy.

Sunghoon was in a very bad condition. He stopped eating. He stopped laughing. He basically became a living dead and Heeseung could notice that. Sunghoon finally gave up when his brother asked him repeatedly. He explained everything and Heseung was very shocked and angry. He hated himself for not protecting Sunghoon. Both the boys decided to tell this to their parents, but they had no idea that they won't see their parents ever again.

That was the day when their parents passed away and Sunghoon changed for ever.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone, if you see this, eat your food and drink some water. Get some sleep and stay healthy please.^^

^^