𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐈𝐬 𝐆𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐧?

Jason was still trying to wrap his head around the whole issue here; there was just so much to unpack. Firstly is the fact that he ended up getting consumed by a white blinding light that rendered him unconscious. Next thing he knew was waking up in the hospital with his parents by the bed side, following by a Panda Doctor. Now the young man was laying eyes on a civilization so much different than the one he was used to just yesterday.

Yeah, that would cause anyone to have a bit of a shock to their core, especially when noticing some changes here and there.

On the way back to his apartment, his parents had questioned him further if he was truly alright and could remember anything from what happened. Jason told them the same thing that he had said beforehand which was he is 'fine and doesn't remember much'. The young man just rested in the back of the car while just clearing his head at the moment.

After a thirty minute drive - they soon arrived at Jason's home, pulling into the parking lot and finding a free spot. Jason moved to get out before being stopped by his father who looked through the rear view mirror.

" Are sure you're going to be fine son? "

Alexander Miller was a man that was stoic almost all the time due to his time as a war veteran, having spent thirteen years in Special Forces before retiring to marry his wife, Susan. Jason remembers that his dad was never one to shout or get angry at whatever. He rarely shows much emotions but deep down both Jason and his mother knew that the man loved his family deeply. Alexander was just a master when came to controlling and hiding what he feels at every minute. Yet right now, the youth could see the small worry in his eyes, showcasing that this one of those moments that the man will let slip.

" Believe me Dad, I'll be fine. I will call you or mom if I need anything. "

They held their stare off for a couple seconds before Alexander nodded to his son and let the topic end there.

With that, and one final goodbye, Jason opened the car door before closing it and heading towards his apartment. All the while focused solely on getting into his room and hitting the bed instantly when he feet hit the welcome mat. He walked a set of stairs up to the second floor and began walking to his door. As Jason was just one door off from getting to his own, a door opens up and a figure rushed out to ram into the man.

" Oof, I am so sorry! "

Jason looks to the figure and found himself staring at a female canine. From her looks alone, he recognized that the woman was a Border Collie from the mixture of facial features and ears. She had brown fur that covered the majority of her body and white coloring the lower coat. From the close proximity, he saw that she had light blue eyes that reminded up of clear skies on a sunny day.

| Credit to Artist: Walliscolours |

" Oh, no, it's alright. "

Jason was a bit taken back from the woman's appearance, she was without a doubt beautiful. Wait did he really think that? Jason just shook his head to clear away those thoughts as the Collie signs from her muzzle.

" I knew I shouldn't have rushed out. I am so sorry for running into you, I have a meeting with some friends and kind of sidetracked. "

" It's fine. Nothing broken so there's no need to worry about it. "

As the continue their small talk, Jason had a sense of deja vu, upon examining the woman further. For some odd reason it was as if he knew her from so where before. Why did he feel like this? It was annoying as he tried to understand the why and how that this woman seemed so familiar. During the time Jason was spacing out, the Border Collie seemed to have realize something, due to the gasp that escaped.

" Oh, where are my manners? I'm Colleen Greenfield. "

She held up a hand which Jason responded with grabbing it and shaking it firmly.

"Jason, Jason Miller. It is a pleasure to meet you Colleen—! "

That's when it hit him, the name Colleen caused him to remember an old animated cartoon that was shown on some random tv channel. It star the most buffed-up and powerful howling hounds ever to walk the planet. The series features fur-raising adventures of man's best friends (actually, the pets of various Heads of State from around the globe)--courageous canines who doggedly defend and protect all that's good in the world. Now that Jason was starting to remember, he could recall it being called "Road Rovers" — with Colleen as the second in command of the team.

This was down right insanity. Why was a character of an old animated show doing in this world, very much alive? But that's when his brain worked in over time and suddenly he remembered back to Gohin. Jason knew that Panda as the badass-makeshift 'Doctor' from "Beastars". That makes the second fictional character that he has meet this day.

Before Jason could go on about how maddening this was, a hand was waved in front of his face, causing him to come back to his sense to see Colleen wearing a worry face.

" Jason, are you alright? "

" Wha — O-Oh yes, yes, sorry Colleen. I'm actually coming back from the hospital and just went a little blank there. "

The human hopes that she buys it since Jason didn't want to explain that she resembles an old action-packed cartoon that is meant to be nothing but fiction to him. Fortunately it seems like Colleen was caught on the matter that the young man was returning from medical care.

" Oh! Than I should let you get some rest than, again, I am sorry about bumping into you Jason. "

" Water under the bridge Colleen. It is nothing to get worked over, it's not like you meant to do it in the first place. "

" Still I feel bad about it. Say, how about getting something eat together as an apology. My treat. "

Jason paused on that notion. He didn't want to seem like a jerk for refusing Colleen's offer but it was also something unnecessary. Though looking at the woman's eyes showed that she was practically begging him to accept it. Shit, no one can saw no to the puppy dog eyes, this was completely unfair!

" Alright. I'll accept the deal. "

The Collie lets out a happy yippee before suddenly grabbing him into a hug while saying thank you over and over. The best response he did was return the hug as he patted her back with one hand as this felt kind of awkward. Soon the hug ended and Colleen was smiling ear to ear after stepping back from one another.

" I can't wait, here's my number, call me and we can set up date. "

Colleen slipped him a piece of paper with some digits on it before leaving the complex with a wave. Jason waves back and turned back to his apartment before some dawned him. The Border Collie came out of her apartment that is right next to his own.

That means they were neighbors.

" Jason, what have you've gotten yourself into... "