𝐑𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐬

Third POV

It has been some time since the 'incident' with Turner, Jason having been going about his life normally whilst thinking about the man. He had wondered who the 'Great Seeker' was before his greed took hold. Before letting the thirst for knowledge overwhelm all sense of reasoning and allowing it to rule his life.

The Gamer could still remember how the Meat Cleaver stabbed into Turner's chest, causing the fatal blow and ending his life.

Truthfully, he should've felt something, but due to the system's interference — Jason did not feel an ounce of grief nor even remorse because of [Gamer Mind] keeping him calm and focused. In a logical sense, Turner was the first to attack and was far out of his mind during the entire fight. He struck first so it was only right that he retaliated in kind, which resulted in the fight that ended with Jason as the victor. Yet Turner was another human being, a person, someone who had a life before Jason killed him.

Jason had decided to shove the thought into the furthest parts of his own mind, not allowing it to plague his mind any longer. Instead, the man would focus on different matter altogether and that's seeing if he could increase his leveling up speed. He had been making decent progress but to him; it felt a little bit of a snail pace. In a world that was thriving with strong head figures that could destroy planets on a whim, the limitation of power (-in various forms-) was incomprehensible. Which is why the Gamer was looking for a way to speed up his leveling progression besides doing the usual dungeon raids thus far.

At the moment, Jason was unable to come up with any solid leads or theories that could be used in practice. At first, he had wondered if it would be possible for the system to grant him 'tasks' or quests like how he's read from comic webs and other fan-fictions. But so far there has been no such thing of those types which caused him to toss that idea out of the window.

Perhaps he should shelve this idea for later until Jason had more to go off in terms of his gaming system.

Currently – at this given moment – Jason was cooking up some breakfast whilst the news was on in the background. Apparently their top story this morning was covering a recent battle that took place in Africa, a group of bandits have taken several American political guests' hostage and were holding them for ransom it would seem. At first, he figured out that it might be the Justice League or the Avengers but instead it was by a different group altogether. It was the Seven that spearheaded into action and worked to 'save' as many of the hostages as they could but apparently things went wrong.

There were twenty-five hostages in total, four of them being translators, two being journalists, one being a campaign manager, and the rest were diplomats.

However, in the end reports, it was told that thirteen hostages had died during the rescue operation and there had been large amount of destruction as well. The news had stated that the bandits had gotten the upper-hand which forced them to take hard actions. Or at least that's how they want the story to be spined in Jason's opinion since he's aware of how things are played out within The Boys universe. He couldn't believe that they also exist in this universe as well but at this point, the gamer shouldn't be all that surprised.

The History of Vought International was like its counterpart but had a few differences upon the world's collaborations. It was founded by Frederick Vought as the main figure head though he had help from Dr. Abraham Erskine and Dr. Anderson Rogers. Erskine and Rogers were well-known scientists who worked together to create the Super Soldier Serum, and it was Anderson's great Grandson that — the Steve Rogers — who ended up taking it to become Captain America himself. Frederick Vought would later take the research that his colleagues had worked on after their deaths and create his own version of the serum.