Final Part 3

Tohka's Pov
Location: Unknown

Everything up to this point has been confusing.

But seeing Neptune smirking like that... really feels off.

I knew Neptune and she wasn't anything like now...

And Neptune's comment about going somewhere... What does that even mean...?

"How about we prepare for now." Neptune suggests as she scans everyone, tilting her head briefly to gaze at me before smirking again. "Oh, and for those who still didn't get the memo, basically, this is going to be a friendly, non-lethal fight style kind of sparring between myself and Peashy." she adds slowly. But I had the impression that she was being mean about it.

"Yeah, friendly." Kotori, who was at the front, wryly muttered.

"Where even are we.." Shido asked after he recovered, as he glanced up towards everything.

Seeing everything was filled with thin trees, I couldn't help but look at Shido with a confuse frown.

"But Shido... it's obviously a forest."

But all Shido did was make a blank expression. "I know... But the specifics. Like," he said before striking a thoughtful pose. "The name of the place, like our home, Tengu City"

Ohhh... I get it now.

"Ugh... Really Perv? That's what got you hang up about? You'll be witnessing my greatness, but instead you start talking about the place." Neptune scrunched her face up as Shido bristled, and I still stayed confused.

I really don't get why Neptune's acting mean... But I don't like it.

And her words from earlier too...

"Well... This place seems to be... Pines..? Something" Nevertheless she still answered, but it wasn't really informative.

She grinned and then smiled towards Peashy, probing her with her eyes. "I am not really that well versed with Earth's location.. but looking at this deserted place where humans haven't touched it yet, it's kinda the best one to hold such a fight!" she exclaimed. "And Peashy, please get ready for the best sparring match you'll ever have!"

Peashy leaped and brandished her enormous claws in delight as I observed how cooperative she was behaving.

Strangely, everyone seemed uncomfortable aside from the blonde as she cheered."Okay..!"

Weird... So I've had enough of their strange behavior, especially Neptune's. I silently went towards Shido for answers.

Yes, I should've done that from the start.

"Hey... Shido! What's really up with Neptune? Since she's been acting strange all day now" I whispered at Shido as he looked at me with a difficult face.

"W-well... Uh, I kind of don't know if you could understand it.." he stuttered as I pouted.

I do know! If someone just explained it to me properly..!

My gaze must have worked since he sighed.

"I suppose you deserve some answers; Tohka, you must be upset not knowing." He then gently patted me on the head as I smiled at his touch.

"Neptune's behavior means that she's not quite herself, so hmm." I only cocked my head in confusion as Shido went on. "It's kind of like Neptune has someone other than herself inside her... So when she started acting unlike herself, then that means it's not Neptune, but it's the stranger in question."

Huh.. Someone is inside Neptune..!? Oh no!

"B-but isn't that bad!? How can I help Neptune get rid of that being inside her?" I asked frantically, already trying very hard to summon Sandalphon at my call as I panicked. 

"Woah. H-hold it, Tohka. Getting rid of that, er, being might actually be counterproductive." But before I could force myself, Shido suddenly says with a hurried look, which I don't really understand.

"You see Tohka... That being is actually apart of Neptune, you see her name is actually Veto, so getting rid of Veto, who is very much a part of Neptune, might end up hurting Neptune instead, plus she did say that after this we might get Neptune back."

Huh.. apart from Neptune... I really don't understand.

Why could someone so mean be inside of Neptune, or even apart from her?

"Look, Tohka.. it's kind of like with Yoshino and Yoshinon.." He trailed of in uncertainty.

Huh... Like that Bunny and Yoshino?

"But unlike them, Neptune and Veto only has one body to share, so one can't really exist at the same time without another outlet... So Neptune and Veto... Take err..turns.. while Yoshino and Yoshinon, who have that puppet, can both exist.. kinda." Shido explained with a complicated look. as if he really has no idea how to break it down to me.