three

●・○・●・○・●

●・○・●・○・●

AFTER LUCERYS HAD SHOWERED AND CHANGED INTO something more appropriate for the dinner party, he sat on his bed and started to read. When he had gotten home he had ran straight to the bathroom, afraid in case anyone had seen the tears that had fallen from his lashed down his cheeks like long waterfalls.

Now, he was dressed in a blue shirt, and black jeans with her regular vans shoes. His hair still curled around his face as he walked down the stairs, he turned off his intrusive thoughts and began helping his mother with the plates.

He could hear Daemon opening the door and welcoming people with bright chatter, he heard the laughter of his grandfather who walked in with the others behind him. Lucerys saw Aemond in the corner of his eye and ignored him – continuing to set the table with Rhaena. Baela and Jace came into the dining room and took their seats, his older brother gave him a pointed look to sit next to him to which he did with Rhaena on the other side of him.

Their Uncles and Aunt sat on the other side of the table facing them, Lucerys kept his eyes to himself and went onto his phone. He bit his lip when he saw another video of him surfacing over the page, Rhaena looked down and held his hand tightly looking at him with concerned eyes. The said boy squeezed hers back with a small smile before checking his mail on his phone.

Lucerys glanced to his side when he felt a hard stare to the side of his head, he gulped when he met eyes with Aemond and coughed when his Mother and Alicent brought out the dinner that had different things; it seemed as though, Alicent had brought other stuff too. Everyone had taken their seats, and the chatter around the table was light – yet some laughs were heard. Lucerys kept his head down to his plate, he wasn't exactly in the mood to eat or talk, though with the look Jace had given him he had to.

Rhaena chuckled at something Jacaerys whispers to her and she passed on what he said to the boy next to her, "Jace said your vegetables too." She mumbles to him, Lucerys pouts at his brother who gave another look to him, and it seems it wasn't up for debate. The boy ate his vegetables too and sighed happily when Jace nodded towards him pleased.

"So, Lucerys," their grandfather started to say causing the said boy to snap his head to the man. "School is going well I hope?"

"Yeah, so many friends." He lies.

"Got good grades?" Lucerys nods, he wasn't lying, well not exactly. "Good to hear! You should invite your friends next time we do an outing, I bet their well behaved like yourself."

"Sure, grandfather, but they're very busy people." He says, he desperately wanted someone to cut in. He begs for someone to speak up, anyone, and thankfully they do, Daemon starts speaking about politics. Lucerys sighs with relief.

Though, soon enough the adults went to the pantry, leaving Lucerys, Baela, Rhaena, Jace, Aemond, Aegon and Helaena together. They're plates had been put away and they'd went to sit on the couches, no one spoke, only the tv that showed the news. Lucerys grits his teeth at the boredom, he wanted to be little, he wanted to lock himself away and become his true self.

Suddenly, Aegon speaks, "so many friends, huh?"

Lucerys doesn't even answer him, he decides to go on his phone. But Helaena ends up chiding her eldest brother and then turns to Lucerys, "you're not being bullied are you, Lucerys?"

Everyone turns to the girl and then to the boy who had suddenly tensed. He glanced at his Aunt who looked at him with concern, she could see the signs, she wasn't stupid like the rest, she'd also been bullied, she didn't get grades because of it either, but she owned a flower shop and was happy with that.

"No, nope, no one's bullying me." He denies, but feels bad for lying to his Aunt.

"You know you can come to us if something happens, right?" She kept pushing, "I'm here if you ever need to talk."

"I know that...." He trails off. "But really, Aunt Helaena, I'm good!"

"If you are sure." She says looking at Aemond who also was eyeing Lucerys, he always seemed to know when the boy was lying, and he could see it now but scoffed and said nothing – turning away.

Lucerys looked at his Uncle Aemond with a glare before rolling his eyes and turning back to his phone, he got a message from his brother telling him to behave, and to which he gave the reply back with 'then send me away to my room. I want to be little.' Jace gave him a quick look before breaking the silence and chatting with a tipsy Aegon and a bitchy Baela who ended up dragging Rhaena into the conversation. Helaena on the other hand kept staring at Lucerys who glanced at her a few times before turning back to his phone, Aemond noticed his sister's staring and kept his eyes on his nephew who wouldn't look at either of them.

"Well, I'm heading up to my room, bye!" Lucerys says quickly leaving no room for anyone to say anything as he rushed out of there to his bedroom. He could hear his brother call after him but he didn't look back nor say anything, he just shut his door and sat on his bed.

He grabbed his pacifier and knew that it was a tough idea, so instead he just went to the bathroom and wetted his face with cold water, he didn't even hear Helaena knock and enter his room. Though, he was startled to see her sitting on the bed, looking around and when she saw him she smiled. She held his pacifier up and still continued to smile, but she seemed confused, "this was on your bed."

"It's–It's nothing, really." He says trying to grab it, but his Aunt held it away from him and to her chest, "can I please have it back?"

"Are you being bullied?" She asks, "it's alright if you are, Lucerys. I understand why you might be ashamed to say, but you and I both know that it's not best to keep it to yourself." She says fiddling with his pacifier.

"T-They're not bullying me, they just pick on me..that's all, please can I have my paci back!" He whines as he reaches for it once again, "please, Auntie."

"Do you promise if it gets worse, you come to us?" She says raising he brow at his display of talking like a child.

"Yes, I promise, now please!" His voice became a little slurred. "Please," tears built up in his eyes.

Helaena gently put the pacifier into his hands, "Shh, Lucerys, don't cry." She says gently as she held the boy to her, "you're just a tired boy, huh?" She could feel him nodding along at her words, "but you'll need to come back down at some point." He shakes his head, "how about I tell your mum that you're not feeling very well, and maybe you can come to my house tomorrow, hm?"

"Yes, please." He whispers, "I would like that very much, Auntie."

"Good, now let me go and speak to my sister, and then I'll come back and we can both watch a movie, yes?" She asks, feeling him nod, she gently sat him on the bed and walked back downstairs to speak to Rhaenyra.

●・○・●・○・●

ahh, my poor baby.
yes, helaena is the first
of the green's to know about it!

tell me what you think.

vote, comment & thanks for reading!
<3