five

●・○・●・○・●

●・○・●・○・●

LUCERYS SLOWLY COMES OUT OF HIS headspace and notices Helaena who was seated across from him on her phone, he blinks a lot as he slowly sits up. "Lucerys? Is something the matter?" His Aunt asks, now noticing the position that he's in, "are you hungry?"

"N-No, I'm fine, I-It's me, Hel." He says groggily as he stares up at his Aunt who smiles softly at him.

"Welcome back, Luke." She says, "I don't mean to be brash, but would it be alright if you could explain to me what's been going on?"

Lucerys glanced at her a few times, he bit down on his lip; debating wether to tell her or not, but he'd feel very bad after all she did just take care of him. "Uhm, well." He cuts himself off, he watches as her expression did not falter, he took a deep breath before finally letting it out, "it's called age-regression and it helps me out a lot; in all ways it makes you believe that you're back to being a child - it's a coping mechanism. Regressing helps me be myself, and helps me out a lot when I'm going through stages in my life that I don't want to go through, the only person who knows is Jace, and now you too." He says trying to break it down for her, he sees the spirals going off in her head as her confusion suddenly turns into interest.

"Does your brother take care of you?" She asks, but she confused Lucerys a lot, she seemed as if she knew what he was doing now. Yes, he'd just told her, but the look she held in her eye looked as though that she did know, but had forgotten about it.

"He can't always, so I mostly try and stay aware or I repress it." He explains, "Jace isn't caregiver material, but he tries for me."

"I would like to take care of you," she quips up. "Like a co-caregiver, I'm not always going to be free when you need me, but I would like it if you didn't repress your regression which would probably make you feel awful, so yeah, I want to take care of you until you find someone."

Lucerys' heart skipped a beat, "you want to take care of me?" She nods, "but what about Aemond, and Aegon? Won't they be suspicious?"

"This would be the least of their worries, Aegon would be fine with it and Aemond, well, not sure actually." She mutters at the end, "though, I believe everything would be fine between everyone!"

"Could I come after school sometimes?" He asks hesitantly.

"Of course you can. You can come over as you are now or you can come over as little Luke." She says with a little laugh after he'd gotten up quickly from the couch to give her a big hug. "I am happy that you trust me with your secret, Lucerys." She mutters softly before ruffling his hair, "now shall we talk about the basics?"

●・○・●・○・●

Later that night, Lucerys went home feeling very happy as if he'd achieved something. Once, Jace had picked him up he got a text from Helaena to behave and that she'd see him sometime this week which made his heart swell with happiness.

He and Jace had a quiet conversation with each other too, the older boy had told his brother to be careful when he's regressing with Helaena as he didn't want his Uncle's finding out about Lucerys' safe space. Luke had promised that they wouldn't find out, and that Helaena would positively make sure of that. Luke tells Jace that if Aegon did find out, he probably wouldn't care, Helaena even said so herself, it's just Aemond that they should watch out for.

Lucerys skipped dinner and just sat on his bed, he had his pacifier in her mouth as he skipped through channels, he stopped on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and happily watched it. He hugged his bear to his chest, and snuggled into his pillows and has his quiet time.

In the end, he thought about he and Helaena's basic things to do. They'd talked about rules, and what type of things he would be comfortable/uncomfortable with. He was a little nervous and awkward he will admit that, he'd never really thought about those things, but sometimes he had whenever he'd think about having a caregiver.

But overall, Helaena seemed to be good with it all. For someone who'd just found out what he was into, she was really good with it all, he had thought it had something to do with the fact that she was pregnant once before she lost them. So, he could see why she wanted to be apart of this mechanism with him, again he was very grateful about this and was happy that he could trust someone other than his brother.

Again, he did over think about all of the stuff that could get him into trouble with this. What if Aegon came home earlier while he was regressed and he tells everyone about it. No, Helaena wouldn't let that happen, he knew she wouldn't but the possibilities were endless. Aemond would just love to see him humiliated, he truly did try and apologise to him after the accident that took his eye, but the boy had pushed him away and things never were the same after that. He'd remembered when Aemond – his favourite Uncle at the time had always wanted to help him out or take care of him, his heart swelled at the old memories; since he didn't want anything to do with him other than make his life so bloody miserable.

Though, he knew he deserved it after all he was the reason everyone walked around on eggshells around each other. Even his mother didn't even have time for anymore, the only ones that truly did stick with him was Baela, Rhaena, Jace and now Helaena, yet his cousins didn't know about his regression. He'd like to keep that to himself, he wouldn't want anyone else knowing about it, but he truly hoped it would all work out.

●・○・●・○・●

ooooohh!
hi!

vote, comment & give me some ideas
on what you think!
<3