-11-

I woke up in the morning, disorientated and alone. It didn't surprise me a lot, since Luffy usually left to go and do what he needed to do. I was just a little sad that he didn't wake me up before he went. I sigh and roll over, my hand hitting something on the top of the pillow with a crinkling sound. I narrowed my eyes and saw a piece of paper with a scribbled note and a poorly drawn doodle on it.

May,

Went to fight some stuff.

Luffy

Next to Luffy's name was the poorly drawn hand punching a stick figure. I couldn't help the laughter I let roar into the cabin. This man was a whole other level of cute without even trying. I inspected my hands, now wrapped in bandages without me realizing it. He must have done it while I slept. I was out pretty heavily. I yawned, crawled out of bed, and pulled the sheet around me. Though I wasn't naked, I don't remember Fishman Island being so cold. I went to the balcony side of the ship that Franky added and took a deep breath, smelling smoke rising from the hot fire.

Wait.

Fire?

I furrowed my brow and glanced around, realizing the Punk Hazard arc was approaching and fast. No, we were already in Punk Hazard. How far were we into this? I thought Luffy had left in the morning of leaving Fishman Island, not entering Punk Hazard. Suddenly, there's yelling from the deck below and a thud follows one after another. I gasp and run to the door, slamming it open to see the suits of yellow surrounding my crewmates. I swallowed thickly and saw them all immediately look at me.

"Someone that isn't falling asleep?" One questioned. "What should we do?"

"Grab her and bring her back to the lab. I'm sure she would make a great test subject." I groaned and ran back inside, going for my sword as heavy boots came towards the stairs to the bedroom. I huffed and swung the sword around, the gust of the blade slicing the air like Snake had taught me when I trained with him. The men fell backward off the steps and onto the deck. I rush out, jumping so that my foot lands on one's head, boosting me up to the top of the bedroom.

"Sorry, Fellas," I yell. "I don't do well in the kidnapping scenario!" I rush to the edge of the ship, landing on the railing just enough to kick off and make a last-second decision to reach the Punk Hazard island of fire. I can hear yelling and gunfire, but nothing reaches me by the time I pass through the gate of the island itself. As soon as the heat hit me, I panted in annoyance.

"It's too hot for this..." I reach down, cutting the legs of my pants into shorts and the sleeves and stomach covering off my top. "Better I guess." I rush onward, hearing the fighting up ahead as what I could only guess was Luffy and the others with the dragon. Hearing the loud roar that broke through, I guessed correctly.

"May?" I could hear Usopp call out. "What the hell are you doing here?" I huffed when I finally reached the sniper and shrugged.

"The boat got ambushed, but they'll be fine." I look at the giant beast that Luffy was attempting to pull the samurai's legs free from. "What's uh... What's going on here?"

"Well, Luffy thought that fighting the dragon would be fun- Wait, you already know!" Usopp whines. I laugh and smile brightly at him.

"Of course I do, but it's more fun when you tell the stories!" He rolls his eyes with a heavy huff.

"Maylene!" Luffy shouts when he notices me. I lift my head in his direction and see him with the legs attached to his back already. I would have facepalmed if it wasn't such a strange thing in the first place. "Look at my cool new legs!"

"Luffy, you idiot, get those off!" I shout. "You're about to be atta-" A giant weapon comes down towards him and I barely had time to react before Luffy moves out of the way. The giant Jaguar centaur huffs at Luffy and is about to declare him his enemy when he notices his 'newly attractive' legs. I sigh and go to Robin and Zoro as they were off to the side.