- 32 -

The separation from Luffy wasn't expected, but it was also welcomed. Thanks to Sanji, all of us were carried to safety before Sunny and Luffy disappeared into the water. I was half-tempted to go with him, but my mind was fuzzy from what Luffy had told me the night prior.

"I think you're pregnant."

"How could he just say that so damn casually?" I shouted with my hands going to my messy hair.

"May?" Nami wonders with a couple of curious tilts of her head. "Are you alright?" I clear my throat and sigh in defeat when my hands fall back to my sides.

"I am just kind of... Lost in thought." She observes me, but she doesn't push the subject any longer. Up ahead, I could hear the group ahead of us speaking loudly, knowing Luffy, Law, and the Samurai were already there. As soon as we made our way through the bushes, I swallowed thickly at the sight of Luffy in his red kimono. The others went forward to join him while I trailed behind. Immediately, I went to Law.

"Kaneko-ya?" He wondered. "Why aren't you with the others?"

"I already know what's happening." I look back to the group to make sure they are out of earshot. "Will you do me a favor, Trafalgar?"

"If it involves killing you, no." He chuckles as he stands from the ground where he sits. "Straw Hat would murder me."

"Actually, I need you to do a health scan." His eyebrow raises as he narrows his eyes at me. "Please? I just... Need to make sure I'm okay."

"Are you feeling sick?" He questions. "Chopper should be able to handle-"

"Law," I cut him off with a hand placed on the back of his hand. He tenses and watches me closely. "Do the scan." He ponders for a moment before giving in with a heavy sigh.

"Stand back and stay still," He mutters in command. I nod and do as told. "Room." His hand extends and points to the ground with open fingers. His sword comes out, the blade facing downward as he pushes against it with an open palm. "Scan!" The sword glows and I can feel a warm light casting over me. I took a deep breath to calm my racing heart as the scan felt like it took forever to complete. When the light faded away and the warmth faded, I slowly opened my eyes. Law sheathed his sword, but his eyes refused to meet mine.

"Law?" I immediately became worried. "What is it?" He became visibly pale as he slowly looked up to meet my eyes.

"You know, don't you?" My throat dried and my body stiffened. "You're pregnant, Maylene."

"Am I really?" I could feel my body growing heavy as if I was about to faint. "Are you sure?"

"You are a hundred percent pregnant." I trembled at the thought.

"So I really am?" I whispered, unable to raise my voice any higher either way. "Do you know how far?"

"It's been a month it seems," He informs you. "How did you feel like you were if you didn't even know for certain?" You nervously laughed at his question.

"Luffy said he thought I was pregnant." He blinks a few times in disbelief.

"Straw Hat?" I nod. "As in Monkey D. Luffy?" Another nod. "That's insane to me. The man seems to know things that stun me every time..." As he trails, he sits back down on a large stump. Beside it was a boulder that he beckoned me to join him on. I quietly and numbly take the offer.

"What am I gonna do?" I whimper. My head goes into my hands as I take deep breaths. "Now is definitely not a good time to be pregnant. There's Kaido, Onigashima, Wano..." I could feel my breathing getting out of control. "I'm so scared. I wanted it to be more planned! I can't raise a baby on a pirate ship!"