-24-

I blinked a few times, trying to comprehend what Luffy just said to me.

"I-I'm, uh, what?" I clear my throat. "What did you say?"

"I've told you that before," He replies, tilting his head. "Back at the ship after Fishman."

"Yeah, but you never said it like that!" I argue quietly. "I can't give an answer to that right now, Luffy. Just like before."

"Yeah, I know," He says with an added shrug at the end. "I told you I'm gonna wait." I bit my tongue at his words. I knew my path was to be beside Luffy, but I wasn't ready to marry him without figuring out who I am first.

"Just a little longer and hopefully I'll be able to confidently answer that." He nods in understanding, not even for a second doubting me. "Also, I hope I can tell you more about myself, too..."

"Like what?"

"My parents, where I came from in this world, why I was chosen to be a guardian, things like that." He hums and smiles brightly.

"I don't care about all of that, but if you think I should know then I'll listen!" My heart skipped as I watched the man I loved so dearly accept that it was my own story. I couldn't have been happier to have grown and learned what I have with Luffy. Without him, I'm sure my ways would still be stubborn, selfish, and annoying. My path is in one straight line for my future, but Luffy makes me feel as if I have a bunch of secret paths I can take.

"I love you," I breathe out to where only he heard it. His smile pauses and I could see his cheeks reddening.

"I- I love you, too." I laughed lightly at the reaction.

"You say that as if you didn't just say you wanted to marry me!"

"Because I wasn't expecting it!"

"Well, now we're even," I declare with a grin. He pouts but nods nonetheless. I grabbed his hand, intertwining our fingers swiftly before continuing to drag him through the crowd to where I was attempting to go in the first place.

"Ah, Maylene, you-gara brought Luffy!" Carrot rushed over, nibbling on his neck to where Luffy winced and smacked his hand over the bitten spot.

"Would you stop biting me?" He whined.

"She can't help it!" I laugh.

"I only let you bite me," He mutters under his breath. However, the minks all had great hearing and heard every word he spoke. My face darkened in a deep blush and I smacked my free hand to my forehead.

"Luffy, you idiot..." I sigh. He tilts his head when my eyes meet his. "You can't just say that out loud like it can't be read wrong."

"So?"

"So it's embarrassing and you know that!"

"Nah, it's fine! Everyone knows we are together." He rests his arms around my hips, never releasing my hand in the process. "Besides, you're gonna be the Queen of the Pirates!" I can see Carrot and Wanda exchange glances before looking slightly worried. I knew why, given what was discussed prior to me bringing Luffy over to them.

"I told you we would discuss that later," I whisper. The man frowns and is about to speak when I heard a familiar sound near my feet.

"May!" I look down and see Lulu looking different from before.

"Lu?" He seemed weak and like he couldn't stand well on his own.

"I believe the little one's time is coming to an end." I look up to see Umi with her arms crossed and looking down at the smaller Luffy. "I was growing quite used to the little one, even though the original annoys me to no end."