-39-

"Let's get married here."

I stared at Luffy, blinking several times before realizing what the bandaged and bruised man said.

"What?" I squeaked. "Right now?" No one else seemed to hear the demand from him, making me wonder if I heard him correctly.

"Why not?"

"You're beaten up and bruised, Luffy!" I argue quietly. "You don't need to rush just because-"

"I'm going to marry you." I stopped talking and watched him cautiously. "Whether it's right here or over there or behind there," He says as he points to different areas. "I want to marry you today."

"Just because you want to do it right now doesn't make it legally official."

"In the land of Wano, it would." I turned to Marco as he gently smiled at me. "Our buddy is the Shogun, remember? He could validate you in the land of Wano."

"We would only be married in Wano," I remind him.

"So?" Luffy grumpily calls. "We will be married somewhere amazing!"

"But would you care if it didn't count anywhere else?"

"As long as I get to say we're married to someone I don't care!" I smiled gently at the man and rested a hand gently on his bandaged chest.

"Okay then. We can get married." He smiles brightly and pumps a fist into the air in victory.

"Mom!" I whip my head around to see Ace running towards us.

"Mom?" Law shouts from behind me. I sigh and nod, looking at him to see his shocked and confused expression.

"It's a long story, but yes, that's the same baby you scanned for me," I inform him. He blinks a few times before sighing in defeat and pinching the bridge of his nose.

"I'm too exhausted for this..." He trails, making me laugh lightly.

"Is Dad okay?" Ace asks when he reaches us. Luffy chuckles lowly.

"I'll be fine!" He answers for me. "After all, I have Chopper treating me!"

"Maylene," Umi calls from somewhere around me. It was an echo, so I knew she was hiding off near the ocean. "The family has made their appearance and is ready for you all to come out. Whenever you're ready, I'd like to help." I smiled internally at the offer, but I knew what Luffy winning meant for the powers Oceania blessed me with. I glance up at Ace and Luffy, seeing how happy they are as if they had known each other for years already. My heart gripped in my chest.

"I'm not ready," I whisper. The two look at me with confusion. I cleared my throat and smiled weakly. "I said are you ready?" They nodded. I didn't hesitate to help lift him fully.

"Are you sure you can handle it?" Ace asks with concern in his tone. Luffy just chuckles.

"Of course! You're really second-guessing me?" Ace frowned and sighed nonetheless. Once he had awaken earlier, Luffy's eyes landed on meat that was prepared for them for the afterparty of defeating Kaido. Zoro was still sleeping beside him to recover from his fight with King, but the moment that Luffy yelled 'meat' at the top of his lungs, Zoro was up and demanding booze. Now that the meat was finished, he sat there to recover. Zoro seemed in high spirits, but in pain as well.

"You both are just little machines!" I hear someone comment at my back. I laughed with a light nod.

"That they are." I turned my head to see someone I didn't know next to Hyori. When did they make it back? "Who's this?" I question her. She lets out a giggle as the man straightens up.