Q & A

Hello!

So, over the time I've spent on this story, a lot of questions seem to need answers. I'll start with the most popular:

Who is Oceania?
As I've mentioned, she helped guide Zeff. However, she also plays around with her words, making it sound like she's immortal. So how does she have a daughter and a father who are in the same time frame as the others?

First of all, I worked hard to think of a background for Oceania. I wanted her to be mysterious. She is human, but her soul is old. This being said, I will elaborate. Oceania was only twenty when she met Zeff and left to adventure the Grand Line with him and the crew. She became an actual 'sight' at the age of two. The only person who remembers her at that age is her father. Hence the reason he says "you never forget your daughter".

This is where the "old soul" ties in. Ocean is the soul of the sights before her. Hence why she has so much power and wisdom. When she passed this on to Maylene, May had the power of everyone before her, but because she had memories from her past life, the wisdom was unfortunately not passed on. This means even Maylene didn't know what happened in the 800 years but Oceania did and now Umi.

Ocean used to tell Umi all about Joy Boy and what the older souls had given her in context, but Umi never understood it until Wano. This is another key to what kind of knowledge May couldn't receive.

Why did you end it like this?
I understand that One Piece is still going, but I need to make something clear: I didn't end One Piece I ended MY book. Maylene will travel with whomever she loves most in the future. It's for you to decide if you want her to exist in your mind or not.

I loved writing this book, reading all your comments, and seeing how much love you guys gave it. It really means a lot as a writer, but also as a fellow fan. I also like that you guys got to see my art improve over time!

Why follow the original plot line of One Piece?
Why change something perfect? I wouldn't mind a different plot line, but it was already amazing to begin with.

Why did you make Ace grow up so fast?
Umi had explained to May the reasoning behind it, but the reason I did it is because I knew that the story was going to end soon, but I wanted the legacy to carry on. I don't mean for it to sound "lazy" which I admit, it does, but I love all my OCs and I feel like having Umi and Ace on their own is a cute one.

Did you originally plan for Shanks to be May's uncle?
Yes and no. The idea was always there, but I didn't feel the need to solidify it until the second book. This is because Shanks is usually kept to himself and knows when it's time for certain things to happen and not happen. The longer it built up, the more it helped.

What about her brother?
That man is living his best life now and every now and again they keep in contact with each other. Ace even stopped in on his island to meet him, which was a story and a half for the poor man.  Luffy makes sure to sit in on their phone calls with Ace, but he tries to avoid being around when May talks to Shanks. He claims Shanks will come to him directly and not through another person.

Will you be making another Luffy story?
Maybe in the far future, but for now I'm focusing on my Ace and Kid stories. Maybe some one shots, too.

Are you open to critique?
Of course!!! What kind of writer would I be if I can't take a mean/critiquing comment here and there? I love when y'all interact with me!

These are the most asked questions from friends, readers, and commenters, but if you guys have any more, let me know!