-25-

My thumbnail was stuck between my teeth as I sat there in thought. Do I go with Luffy and that half of the crew to Whole Cake Island to get back Sanji? Should I join Zoro and that half for the trip to Wano instead? These options were the only ones I had thought of until Zunesha spoke to Luffy and Momo.

"Zunesha said to search for your past to restore your present and set your future." Momo had no idea why Zunesha told him this, that much was obvious, but when I turned to Luffy to say to him my troubled thoughts, all he did was smile brightly.

"I'll meet you in Wano!" He told me without a single bit of uneasiness in his tone. "Go do what you need to do. Find me when you're done." I put my hand on his cheek, caressing the skin gently.

"Luffy, I don't want to leave you," I whisper. He rubs his cheek deeper into my palm.

"You won't find what you're looking for at Big Mom's or Wano right now."

"I know that, but you need to go. You told me you were going to discover your life before deciding your future. I just don't want to hold you back from that." I bit my lip with a nod.

"Yeah, I get it..." His hands come to either side of my face, pulling my head up to look at him.

"Maylene," He breathes out. "No matter where you go, will you always come back to me?" I nod without hesitation. "Then go. I believe in you and I know we will see each other again."

"What if it takes longer than I want it to?"

"I waited two years for you. I can wait for a few more." I felt my face slightly heat up at the words, leaning over to kiss him gently.

"If I finish when I plan to, I can go to Big Mom with you. If not-"

"I'll see you in Wano," He reminds me of what he said earlier. "We will find each other, May. Don't worry."

"Okay..." I trail as I look at the cabin floor. The Sunny waved gently on the ocean and I let out a shaky breath. I had a decision to make and it would have to be now. Luffy was leaving for Whole Cake and the others for Wano. I didn't have time to think. For once, I had to think like Luffy; there can't be a plan.

"I'll leave tomorrow morning," I decide. "Until then, let's enjoy each other's company." He nods and dives onto me in a large hug. I let out a surprised squeal, laughing in the end before wrapping my arms around him in return. No matter what, Monkey D. Luffy, I am going to come back to you. That night, when my eyes were finally closed, my body drifted into a dream state.

"Hello, May," A familiar voice spoke. I froze and spun, seeing Oceania in a beautiful world of glowing aqua and green. There was no ground or sky, but it was clear we were standing on water by the way it toppled when I ran towards her. My arms cling to her in a tight hug.

"I knew I felt you with me," I whisper. "I knew it."

"I'll always be with you, just not physically. I told you that."

"I know but that sounds like something someone says when they are dying and meaning in your heart or some shit." It felt good to hear her laugh again. I smiled in return to the angelic noise.

"I came to you for a reason tonight," She says when her tone settles down. "You're going to look for your answers to life, right?" I nod. "You'll need to know where to start. Have Umi take you to Shanks. She can sense anyone and anything that touches the ocean. When you find him, tell him one word and one word alone."

-

"Maylene," Umi calls with a light sigh to follow. "We have to go."

"I know, I just need one more minute," I beg. Umi stares at me with an annoyed expression before giving in to my request. I squeeze tightly into Luffy and the others in the group hug we shared, some of us involuntarily. Mainly Zoro.