S I X

"Alright, you kids be good!" My dad waved while Ikaris and I stood right beside each other to return his farewell

Upon watching him close the door, I immediately left the room and grabbed my skateboard with a deep sigh of relief.

Ikaris follows right behind me with her hands clasped. "Where do you think you're going?" She asks in a monotoned voice.

I threw her a glare before carelessly walking right pass her to leave. "Outside, where else?"

"Outside better mean just the backyard."

I let out a sound of distaste while walking over to the backdoor to unlock it. "Can you just leave me alone, please?"

"Aren't you tired of breaking the rules?" She sharpens back.

"Aren't you tired of following them?" I ask while walking over to the back door to unlock it. "I mean you have to be since you're so obsessed with everything that I do."

"I'm obsessed? Weren't you the one getting ready to jump out the window for someone you don't even know?" She immediately crosses her arms and continues. "Do I need to remind you that you have a Blood Bond with someone and yet here you are again, getting ready to go o-"

I immediately swung the door shut to cut off her voice. Nothing went across my mind other than the need to get the hell out of that sad educational prison that I shared with my annoying sister.

I ran across the backyard until I stood right before the fence that separated me from the outside world. I took a second to look back and that's when I saw my sister's face on one of the window's. It was fixed into an unimpressed expression and I couldn't help but let out a devilish chuckle as I threw my skateboard onto the other side of the fence and flicked a finger at her before leaving.

I ran on grass and dirt for the first couple of miles, occasionally looking down at my phone to search for skate parks in the area. There was only one, but apparently, it had been closed down several years ago. I decided to go anyway until the dirt below me transitioned into a concrete sidewalk. I skated along the vast suburbia that gradually turned much more tattered and isolated until my phone loudly chimed to let me know I had finally reached my destination.

I nervously swallowed and looked around the dreary neighborhood that had withstood all of its beatings obtained from the lack of population. Nature had really taken over the entire area as thick green foliage had overpowered several homes, even bringing some down to their demise. Grass and vines had overgrown past graffiti-covered walls and broken architecture. Fauna had intertwined with vacant civilization, creating a green desolate area filled with nothing but beautiful flowers and large unbridled plants.

I checked my phone a few times to make sure I was in the right place. It would be quite unfortunate not to be able to even catch a glimpse of the fallen skate park.