T H I R T Y N I N E

We stumbled right into my dimly lit house, our steps unsteady as fatigue and weariness threatened to consume us both

We stumbled right into my dimly lit house, our steps unsteady as fatigue and weariness threatened to consume us both. Dydan's arm was wrapped around my neck as I helped carry most of his weight from the cliff all the way to my room.

He let out weak shallow breaths against my ear, occasionally shifting into uncontrollable growls and hisses that signaled the internal conflict that he was fighting within himself. My heart pounded, not only from all the physical exertion of our travel but from the fear that gnawed at the back of my mind. His hunger could potentially turn him against me at any moment and there would be nothing left for me to do.

As we entered my room, I gently lowered Dydan onto my bed, his plush lips letting out a deep, guttural groan out of pure pain and exhaustion. "Fuck." He cursed with his face contorting into abysmal discomfort.

I took a deep breath before finally whispering out. "You have to do it."

Dydan instantly began to shake his head. "No, no way, I-I'm not gonna do it." He gravelly hesitated with his sharp fangs, the delicate yet deadly instruments remaining unsheathed which let me know his fight against his insatiable urge to drink my blood would only put his life in further danger.

"Listen to me." I quickly knelt down before him, intertwining our hands together in a desperate plead. "You have to do it. It's the only way we'll be together, don't you want that?"

"What I want is to make sure that you're safe, and I already did that." He says lowly and it makes my body want to scream.

"I don't want to lose you." I brokenly persisted.

"I... I don't..." I felt his gaze remain upon me as the intensity of his hunger seemed to loom in the air. "I don't wanna hurt you."

"We don't have any other choice." I failed to fight back the tremor in my voice, knowing that he needed to see my genuine acceptance of what needed to be done in order to ensure his safety. "I want it, no matter how much it hurts. I want it, I want you." I whispered in a delicate tone, slowly bringing myself up before him.

Dydan visibly had to hold his bloodthirsty side back as he managed to utter out a shaky lowly response. "Are you sure?"

I nodded without hesitation, our heads slowly pulling together due to a tether of emotions making our lips want to collide. "I'm sure."

Our lips delicately curved as our fingers, which were sparked by our passionate curiosity, melted right into each other's skin.

We kissed.

We kissed deeply.

We kissed as if nothing were to ever stop us from doing so, and the moment felt heavenly enough to make me believe that it would always be this way.

Our kiss was momentarily stalled by a smile and a softly hitched breath. "Fuck-you have no idea how hard it is to have to hold myself back from you." He groaned out in a deep velvet tone as I touched his face, his plush lips and prominent nose painstakingly rubbing against my wrist for a tempted bite.