T W E N T Y E I G H T

After school, Leone gathered us all up at the skate park for a surprise he had prepared

"I-I just wanted to start off by telling you guys how grateful I am for all your kindness. I've never had this many friends before so I-I just wanted to say thank you to all of you." I could tell it had taken him all the strength and courage in his body to be able to speak so I quietly urged him to continue on with a tiny nod of anticipation. "Now I-I didn't mean to bother you guys-" He was immediately cut off by a familiarly rude and monotone voice.

"But here you are, doing exactly just that." Nikolai rudely interjected, rapidly causing Leone's face to drop in shame.

"Dude shut the fuck up, alright?" Atalia sharply yelled out towards him.

"Stop it, Nikolai." Miya lowly added.

"Can you not be in such a bitch ass mood for once in your life?" I unapologetically chided, hoping that this fucker replies with something sassy so I can have an excuse to bash his face in.

"Whatever, continue." Nikolai reluctantly gave in with a clenched jaw and a roll of his eyes.

Leone cleared his throat before reaching right into his backpack, shakily pulling out multiple containers of brownies that he had made for all of us. "Like I-I was saying I didn't mean to bother you guys, but I just wanted to show how grateful I am for all of you, so I decided to s-surprise you all with brownies I baked yesterday." I could tell Nikolai's comment had a lasting effect on his confidence as he could barely even look up at us. "I know its really dumb a-and cringey but I hope you guys like them-if not you can just throw it away, I-I promise I won't mind." He brokenly whispered out until his voice eventually became so weak and faint that it was enough to garner some kind of innate need to comfort him.

To his surprise, Miya and Atalia immediately wrapped him up in a group hug, sending him sweet kisses and calming whispers right against his flushed, scarred, and bruised up face.

Nikolai and I initially threw awkward looks at one another before immediately shifting our expressions to convey our endless burning hate and disdain for each other. "What are you looking at?" I sharply contested.

Nikolai had to visibly inhale and exhale in attempts to calm his impending emotions down. "What happened to him?" He asked with an undertone of care and curiosity while carefully observing Leone's hair and face.

"It's none of your business." I abruptly responded without any desire to talk to him any further. "It's not like you'd care anyways." I faintly added before looking right back down at the container Leone had given me. I was in awe at seeing my own name on a post-it note that was so extensively decorated with such beautiful and intricate designs.

"You don't know shit about me." Nikolai whispered out before looking down at his own container of brownies, slowly grazing his fingers right over his own post-it note. "So quit talking to me like you do."