N I N E T E E N

A vast crowd of students and faculty stretched right along the sides of the countless school buses that were running

A vast crowd of students and faculty stretched right along the sides of the countless school buses that were running. The heat from the engines hissed and clashed against the cold morning air, causing thin grey puffs of smoke to emit right in front of me as I followed right behind my class to walk towards our designated bus.

My art class had to share the bus with another in order to fill up the space, consequently making me wait a little longer to get inside. The wait filled me up with even more joy and excitement as I wished Dydan was able to come and be with me. He would have loved to see Cloud Lake, I'm sure of it!

"Okay everyone listen up, while we wait for the rest of Mr. Badgley's biology class to take their seats I'll go ahead and go over all your waiver's one last time." Ms. Knox took a momentary peek right into the bus before continuing. "Once I call out your name please come over to me so I can assign you a partner that you'll be working with when we get to Cloud Lake! Once you're both assigned, I'll go ahead and guide the two of you on where to sit!"

The names started to get out called one-by-one. I clenched my backpack and curiously looked around as I wondered who I was going to get paired up with.

"Leone Frasier!" A nervous cough escaped me as I hobbled towards Ms. Knox, eventually standing right before her to patiently wait for my partner's name to get called out next. "Nikolai Vinodetsov!"

The name she calls out ends up causing a tall shadow to appear right beside me. I let out a series of nervous blinks as I turned to look at who it was. It was the boy who usually sat in the corner of the class. I don't remember Nikolai as he used to be when I began high school, but I do recall seeing him sometimes. Although he was always quiet and kept to himself, his drawings were always exceptionally well-made.

Nikolai had medium-length hair that was a shade of light blonde. It framed his incredibly sharp and piercing features that included a strong chiseled jaw, an upturned nose, and the most unique set of eyes that I had ever seen due its differing colors that consisted of a blue that resembled the ocean, and a forest green that we're definitely way more luminous compared to mine. He had a lean waist, the kind that gradually grew more bulkier as it branched up to meet his muscular chest, arms, and broadened back.

I attempted to ease up my nerves in response to his intimidating presence by gathering up all the courage I had to share a small smile with him. It quickly faltered as he blatantly ignored it by walking right past me to get into the bus.

Oh, okay then.

Once I followed right after him, the sight before me immediately caused my heart to drop, hollowing out my chest to tense up along with the rest of my entire body.

"Well yeah but who cares, it's not like-" Eric cut his conversation off with Hudson at the sight of me. "Wait-holy shit, it's Limpy!" He immediately calls out, causing most of the people in the bus to draw their attention on me.