Pretenders

Disclaimer : I don't own everything that exist in this story

.

.

.

The story begins with a view of Mitsugoshi's building, to be precise on the roof where there is a small house specifically for its employees, more specifically Shadow Garden members.

"The cult facility where they were holding Princess Alexia captive was destroyed by someone. From the traces of the magical energy, Lord Shadow's magic energy was not detected at all. Zenon Griffey's body was found dismembered. That's my report" a member of the Numbers unit submit a report on last night's incident.

"Huh? So it wasn't Boss who did it?" Delta was slightly taken aback.

"If not Lord Shadow, then who?" Epsilon wondered.

"If we look at the damage, it's clearly not Lord Shadow's. Traces of his magical energy are also zero," said Beta.

"Is he one of the cult members? He could have killed Zenon for failing to finish his job" Gamma opined.

"No, you're wrong Gamma" Alpha said.

"Eh? What does that mean, Lady Alpha?" The black-haired elf showed a confused face.

"We have another enemies besides the Cult of Diablos" Alpha's words made The Seven Shades members stand up from their seats.

"What?"

"Another enemy?"

"But, who?"
They demanded an explanation from the leader of The Seven Shades.

"Last night, when I wanted to stop the monster of their experiment, someone suddenly preceded me. He called himself V," said Alpha.

"V?" Beta tilted her head, she felt weird hearing a name that only consisted of one consonant.

"Yeah, he calls himself that. His appearance doesn't reflect that of a knight at all. He only uses a book and a cane. Judging from his attacks on the monster, he's a wizard." Alpha revealed information based on what she saw at the time. And that's wrong, V is a Summoner type fighter. He uses his familiars to fight. It's just that Alpha didn't notice the presence of the Griffon who was rumbling a lightning bolt to the monster.

"Alright, shall we continue?" Alpha changed the subject.

"Yes, we have some pressing issues here" Beta said.

"This" Alpha shows a flyer stained with blood. The words on the flyer were written,

Shadow Garden will deliver death's judgement

"They're fools to call themselves by our name. Although they do seem to cover their tracks rather well," Epsilon said.

"They can't escape our all-searching eyes. It's impossible," Gamma said.

"Whatever it is, we will teach a lesson to those who have dared to disturb us, Shadow Garden" Alpha closed the meeting that morning.

.

Everything returned to normal after Princess Alexia's kidnapping and Shadow Garden's attack on Cult of Diablos facilities operating at several points in Midgar City.