The Sacred Land, City of Deception

Disclaimer : I don't own that everything exist in this story

.

.

.

The story begins with the sight of the damaged Midgar Royal Spellsword Academy encased in a layer of ice that slowly melts in the sun. The academy gates were tightly closed and lined with no-crossing lines and heavily guarded by Knight Order soldiers. Due to this incident, all academy activities were suspended, the students got early summer vacation. Many of them chose to return to their hometowns, some chose to live in dormitories.

As for Victor, he didn't have a hometown, so he decided to stay until the academy was repaired. As he is currently doing; kept another promise with Rose to treat her a meal at the Italian restaurant they had visited a few days before the academy attack incident.

"Ah, Benvenuto! Signore e signori! Please take a seat, the waiter will come to take your order" the restaurant manager greeted them.

"Grazie, zio" Rose replied in Italian. After borrowing the language dictionary from Victor, she already knew some of the words and sentences.

"May i take your order, signore e signori?" The waiter approached them, preparing to take their orders.

"Hmm, do you guys have anything special?" Ask Victor.

"Something special? Ah, it just so happened that today we just released a new menu. It's called lasagna, this is also our country's special dish. I can guarantee that it tastes no less delicious than pizza. How about that?" the waiter made an offer, showing them a picture of the lasagna.

"Hmm, looks delicious. Alright, we want it" Victor agreed, and so did Rose.

"Special menu for special customers, coming up!" The waiter then headed to the kitchen to convey their order to the chef to be cooked immediately. Not only them, the restaurant was also seen busy by other customers. It seems the people of Midgar are starting to like Italian flavors.

"Thank you for bringing me here again, Victor," said Rose, making chit-chat while waiting for their lasagna to arrive.

"I promised you, right? Of course I have to keep it. I can't be called a man if I can't keep my word" Victor joked, making Rose chuckle. "So, why don't you come back to Oriana? Are you sure you want to spend your summer vacation here?" he asked.

Rose immediately showed an expression that was hard to decipher. She just kept silent and lowered her head. Reluctant to answer Victor's question.

"Ok, i got it. If it has entered your privacy, I can't do anything. Hmm, another question. What are you going to do to spend your summer vacation?" asked Victor again.

"Umm, actually I got an invitation to attend an important event in Midgar. Goddess Trial, in The Sacred Land, Lindwurm." Rose's answer made Victor interested. "Goddess Trial? So the event will start soon huh? Wow, I barely remember it. Then, are you going to attend it?"

"Yes, of course I will attend. I'd love to see how great the ancient spirits were in the past. They gave me two tickets in the VVIP seats, so I thought I'd give the other one to you. How about Victor, will you accompany me?" Rose begged. From the first, he had wanted to watch the event live. Watching ancient spirits fight against present-day warriors must be very exciting. And Victor loves such things.