The Goddess Trial

Disclaimer : I don't own that everything exist in this story

.

.

.

The story begins with a view from a hot spring on one side of Lindwurm city. Rose said today she wanted to tour the town a little before attending the Goddess Trial, so Victor decided to pay a visit to the hot springs.

"Hahhh, this is the way to enjoy life. Sit quietly while feeling the warmth of the water that restores your body," he mumbled, while closing his eyes while soaking in the hot pool.

"Why didn't you bring Rose?" answered the Griffon, who had suddenly come and perched on a tree. "Don't say anything nonsense, Griffy. You think I'm going to peek at her while soaking?" Reply Victor.

"Come on, it's not what you think. You know, to increase the relationship between you two?" Griffon teased him.

"What do you mean? We're both very close already. Why would I do it?"

"Whatever. Excuse me, I want to tour again. See you later" Griffon flew away from the pool occupied by Victor. The Son of Sparda only responded to the talking blue hawk's departure with a wave. He finished soaking after 30 minutes. When he wanted to get back dressed, he accidentally met Cid in the locker room.

"Cid? How did you get here?" asked Victor who was a little surprised. "I was invited, umm no. I was forced to be more precise," he replied.

"Forced? By whom?" Victor is getting curious. Cid took a brief breath, before answering. "Hahhh, who else if not her?"

"Ah, let me guess. Princess Alexia?" Victor's guess was only answered by Cid's brief nod. "My goodness, looks like she doesn't want to break up with you. What have you done to her that she won't let you go?" He teased him.

"Doing what? Instead she even treated me like a slave. She even called me Poochie," he said with a complaining face.

"And you accept being treated like that?" Victor was speechless. Before answering, Cid takes something from his clothes locker, a pouch that makes a tinkling sound of metal. "In exchange, she gave me this"

Victor just facepalmed when he found out what was in the bag. Now he knows one of the characteristics of his junior, mercenary.

"What can I do? I'm from a poor baron family. They can't always send money to me and Claire," Cid said. "Yeah, I can understand that," Victor replied.

"Then what about yourself? Were you invited as well?" it was Cid's turn to ask.

"To be more precise, I was invited by Rose. She had two tickets, so she gave one to me. When else can you attend an event where you can see the battle of the ancient spirits? It must be very interesting" Victor replied.

"You're right, Senior. Then, excuse me. See you" Cid walked away from the locker room, leaving Victor alone.

"Yeah, see you too" Victor replied, then put his clothes back on. After that he came out of there and returned to the inn to get ready to attend the Goddess Trial.

.

.

.