Information and Prologue

"Human" is used as a generic term for all races and includes elves, medusa, diers, etc.

There are three genders in the world: Female, Male and Non Binary.
If someone is neither male nor female, it does not cause a stir and no one is treated differently. In conversations, people are mentioned and addressed by name/race. 

The money currency is "Gold" "Silver" and "Bronze"

The state of the world could be compared to the Middle Ages, there are kingdoms, autocrats and in many areas it can happen that women are not seen as equal (but this is not too common)

Information on countries, species, characters and rules of the world/magic are addressed here and casually explained. There is also the possibility to see a lot of information and concept drawings on my Instagram @just_an_crazy_artist.

Content warnings for the whole story: Self hate- - - Character death - - - Death in general - - - Violence (physical and psychological) - - -Nightmares / Hallucinations - - -

Physical violence means: fights, deaths, injuries, etc. 
Psychological violence means: Talking badly about someone (slander), insulting someone

Violence in the family: this topic is only mentioned in passing and marked separately :)

(underlined TW are specially marked at the beginning of the chapter)

The story idea came from my friends, so the character Regina has many similarities to the series "Once Upon a Time" (It's not a fanfiction!) ^^

Merry Christmas <3

Prolog

I ran. Ran through the dark forest. It was night, the light of the moon faintly glowed down on me through the tops of the trees. It had rained a short while ago, the air was freezing cold and moist. A silver object hissed past me. An arrow. I knew who was behind me and that were not my friends. Did the others get caught? We just wanted to go out to research animals at the pond. Maybe also to collect herbs. If only I had known that we were being followed.

A root made me fall. My heart was racing so fast I thought it would burst. I hastily tried to get up again. The footsteps were so close, the clatter of their armor echoed in my ears. As soon as I had my feet on the ground again, I hurried on.

A river appears in front of me. I looked back, lights from fire moving steadily towards me at high speed. There was no way out. I jumped onto one of the stepping stones in the water. My bare feet clapped softly as I landed on the icy rock. The water was very cool. There were two more jumps and I would be on the other side. I took a deep breath and continued on my way.

"TO THE RIVER" sounded a voice behind me. I hurried on without thinking twice, but a sharp pain made me flinch. Arrows were now hailing in my direction. One of them met me. I screamed out loud, grabbing my arm and before I really realized it I was falling into the freezing waters.

The water was deeper than I thought, the flow pulled me with it with immense force. I desperately tried to find somewhere to stop, but my hands only reached for the water. The liquid filled my lungs and I flinched.

I thought it was over until suddenly someone grabbed my hair and pulled me out of the river. I gasped, sucking air into my aching lungs only to look into freezing green eyes. I tremble with fear."I got you little witch"