The trip goes on

Mary sat with her back to the glass, unable to do anything but look at the blank white walls or the gray ghosts since she lost her blindfold. If she turned around, there would be a high probability that someone would turn to stone. If there were even the slightest opportunity in this world for her to be anything other than a Medusa, she would take it without hesitation. Throughout history, it has been said that Medusa are inherently evil. They sneak into villages at night and kill people. They poison and possess a snake body, maybe even a head of these beings. Although Mary had only seen two other beings of the people in her entire life, she knew that all of these were just old legends that contained no shred of truth. The only use of the stories was that you could organize a people's hunt. One by one they snatched up all those who were a Medusa, destroyed the holy cities, destroyed a whole country. They were burned at folk festivals while everyone laughed and celebrated. Such were the stories. Stories from a long time ago and she had seen it herself. Had Harvey not put her under his protection, so would her fate have been. To this day, she didn't understand why he had protected her from the start. Back then she had been alone and helpless, walking around emotionless like a ghost, refusing to use her powers and yet he saw something in her, a reason why she should live at all costs. A purpose in their existence, a value.

All night long they had been mulling over a new plan. Alice and Regina were no longer in the forest, the Feen might have had a special way, but they don't lied about such things. But nobody knew where they were. Snow White, the only one who could have used magic to locate the girls, didn't have that ability. In addition, they were wrong, the people didn't know how to break the curse. It wasn't until the moon gave way to the sun that Harvey managed to find an answer.

"I HAVE IT!" he exclaimed, tearing his comrade out of her thoughts. His voice echoed around the room so loudly that she felt even the gray spirits tremble.

"What?" she asked curiously.

"SNOW WHITE!" the magician roared, hoping to wake her up. But the bed was empty.

"I think she went out earlier," she stated.

"I didn't even notice" smiling slightly, she wondered if that was meant sarcastically or not. A Fee flew into the room.

"I heard noises, are you not well dear magician?" asked the creature.

"Dear Magician. You must have made a good impression," giggled Mary,

"I'm pretty"

"Oh, I remember something that happened many years ago," the friend chuckled, although Harvey had no interest in women, he was magically attracting them, something he didn't seem to enjoy.

"Take me to the girl that was with me," he ordered slightly grumpy, she knew that he understood her statement completely and grinned. The younger one immediately picked up the mirror and left the hut. Mary peered longingly over the edge of the room at the starry sky. Was it just warm outside? Is the village still so wonderfully full of flowers and grass? Regret made her heart sink. Would they ever find their way back into human form, or stay that way forever. She sighs softly.

"The magician wants to talk" comes the voice of the fairy, in the corner of her eye she recognizes Snow White's confused look, Rin as always on the girl's hand.

"I have to do some research and I already know where!" Harvey then explained when the Fee had handed over the mirror and was gone.

"What research?" asked the apple curiously.

"I know a magician who lived up north, if he's still there he'll surely help us. He's well versed in legends and curses," recounted Harvey.

"So we're leaving?" Relief spread across the princess' face, you could see that she didn't like this place very much.