The sound of swords

Somewhat perplexed, Snow White and the others listened to the explanation of the girl who introduced herself as Samantha. She had brought us to an inn. To everyone's surprise, everyone seemed excited to see the group and no one seemed to even think twice about betraying them. Everyone stared hopefully at Regina and her companions.

"War is coming. The people are restless. Harry has ruled for too long. It's time he left. It's time we followed Kaida's example and created a democracy," the girl accused of her arguments.

"You are not the only ones standing against the king, we all stand behind you, look up to you and support you." Samantha smiled imprudently at Regina. "We are about to start the rebellion, with your help there is nothing standing in the way of overthrowing the King"

There was a murmur of agreement from the others present.

"Our goal is to break into the castle, we want to take my brother's powers and thus break the curse. If you start a rebellion at the same time, we could get past the guards unnoticed." Harvey now explained calmly. Snow White said she wasn't comfortable with young people like Samantha fighting.

"Then we will!" exclaimed the younger one enthusiastically

"Give us two days, we'll make all the preparations. We'll start the fight in the afternoon of the third day. We're counting on you!" said the innkeeper friendly. Those present began whispering loudly. Regina's gaze wandered to the others. Yokai nodded thoughtfully, Snow White remained silent and Mio's tail wagged excitedly. None of them knew if this was a good idea, but they had no choice but to follow any glimmer of hope that might save their lives. Regina played nervously with the ring on her hand.

"That was unexpected," Rin whispers softly.

As compatible, so it happened. On the third day after her arrival, there was a lot of hustle and bustle in the city. Snow White slipped through the inconspicuous alleys with the other three. Someone would open a door for them on the west side of the castle. You could only hope it wasn't all true. Snow White held her left hand near a small dagger on her hip, ready to reach for it immediately. With the other, she held Rin tightly to hide her nervousness.

"We can do it" whispered Rin, the girl knew how insecure the princess was and spoke reassuring words every now and then. "It goes in and out. When I'm human again, I'll protect you," she promised. Snow White started to smile, the girl kept touching her.

The group arrived at a hidden metal gate. Through the bars one could see into a corridor, it was perhaps an entrance to the prison.

"At least they don't have to let us run far if they catch us," Yokai jokes. Hazelnut sat excitedly next to her. There was a noise in the distance. It was a horn, followed by a loud explosion. The four glances changed meaningfully, it had begun. Hasty footsteps stop in the corridor again. A person ran to the gate. It was a girl, she was young. Black hair was tied back in a neat bun and her blue eyes shone with excitement as she saw the group.

"We're counting on you," she whispered, opening the gate as fast as her nervous fingers would allow.

"There's no going back," Regina said, looking over her shoulder at her group.

"I know," Yokai replied calmly, Mio nodded hastily and Snow White grabbed her bow.

"We're right behind you!" promised the princess.

It was actually the entrance to a prison. The prisoners watched the group with curiosity. Many others slept soundly. Regina ran up a flight of stairs and carefully leaned against the door. A group of people in heavy armor hurried past.

"THERE WAS AN EXPLOSION! GO!" shouted a soldier. The woman waited for some time before opening the door and the group entered a large hallway. The floor was covered with a red carpet embroidered with gold designs. The walls were of dark gray marble and the pillars were hewn with vine-like ornaments. The sun shone brightly through large windows. Statues, plants and other things represented wealth.