Echo of the explosion

Mary listened to Snow White's story, everything was described in great detail. Had it been just an ordinary dream of the girl, she would never have been able to describe all the little details, especially the looks, beings and people she had never met. But she was suspicious of something, how could she interact in the dream? Normally she shouldn't have been noticed by the beings.

"... then I woke up" the princess finished the explanation and leaned back with a sigh.

"Do you have a magical power?" her friend went straight to the point.

"Not that I know!" The younger one shook her head.

"Then you might have abilities from the element of light, some people can perceive the thoughts of others," the magician considered.

"But I didn't do it on purpose!" assured Snow White sadly. Rin cleared his throat quietly.

"Ability often develops unconsciously and you don't know how to use it or how to control it. Like a demon who wants to burn everything down," the apple murmurs softly and sadness was in her voice. Mary had never asked what had happened in the girl's past, but she understood exactly what Rin meant. She herself had accidentally ruined someone dear to her.

"Have you had dreams like this before?" Medusa now asks curiously. The princess nodded slowly

"I dreamed of the Feen, the tree that was in full bloom. Two people were standing in front of it. A man and a very beautiful woman with silver hair. In the end, I even saw you, Mary, only with a blindfold."

"OH MY GOD! Don't I look nice and strong?" Harvey asked, laughing. Mary chuckled softly

"Huh?" asked Rin completely confused.

"She dreamed about Harvey!" giggled Mary in explanation. "We had been there before"

"OH YOU were the magician standing by the beautiful woman?" the girl asks in bewilderment.

"Yes, that was centuries or even millennia ago, you saw our first encounter with the Reverend Mother. Long before we considered ourselves rebels," Rin whistled in surprise

"And did you dream more?" asks the younger one excitedly. Unsure, she kneaded her hands.

"Don't know, but I always dream of a river and that I'm drowning..." she confessed quietly.

"Oh..." was the only thing the apple said and silence filled the room. "That... is my fault..." she then whispered softly "The moment I was cursed was very..."

"memorable...!" without hesitation she completed the girl's sentence, she had dreamed it often enough to know what the younger one meant.

"It's okay, at least now I know why I'm dreaming it" she smiled uncertainty. It was confusing to know that her dreams weren't just dreams, they were other people's memories. Perhaps she had dreamed many more things that were true and just didn't realize it?

"But getting back on topic, I think what you're seeing is what happened to Yokai," Mary voiced her guess quietly. "He's been hiding a lot, I suppose he's under the spell of the nymphs!"

"This means?" Rin asked impatiently

"They control him. Of course," Harvey explained gruffly.

"Can we change that?" Snow White now asks and continues to knead her hands.

"Have a look in my pocket, I should have a small ring in there," he explained confidently, and after a while the younger one actually unpacked a ring.

"It protects against manipulation and mind control. I don't wear it often as it's very tiny and I can protect myself by other means. It should fit your small hands though." Fascinated, she looked at the mirror.