41 - Louder than bombs

A/N: Just an FYI because you wanted extra reading tonight, this chapter dives into Jungkook's reasons for going to Busan. Small disclaimer, nothing bad will happen between him and Faye. Trust the process, hihi.

 Trust the process, hihi

Jungkook

"Are you sure about this?" Jimin asks me as we buckle our seatbelts.

"Fuck no. But I got to try." I answer back, grabbing a cigarette from my pack.

He lets out a concerned sigh, trying to find the best words to approach me. There are none. I should tell him.

"Bluebird will be very pissed about it. I hope you are aware of that."

"If she finds out, yes."

"She will cut your balls, Kookie. She's ruthless when mad. It's not too late to go back home and sleep next to her. I bet she did not even wake up yet."

No, she did not.

It's fucking 4 A.M., and I know something got her extremely mad before going to sleep. Her demeanor changed after we had sex, and she did not come to take a shower with me, finding her in a deadly silence once I finished.

Bloody silence when I entered the bedroom.

Carcinogenic silence when I asked her why she did not join me.

Cruel silence when we had dinner.

Suicidal silence when we watched our comfort series.

Lethal silence when we shared our snacks.

Malignant silence when I kissed her good night.

Noxious, asphyxiating silence when she turned on her belly and went to sleep, leaving an ocean distance between us.

I was afraid to push it, and I deliberately avoided asking her what was wrong because I could not lie to her. She already felt how tensed I was, and I did a poor job of fucking my way out of it.

I prefer to distance myself whenever I'm in a bad mood because I'll become the most heartless person you'll ever meet, but I needed her more than oxygen.