three

+|+|+

+|+|+

A couple days after the little shindig at the pub, Isabel was working another shift at the diner. It was Tuesday evening and the place was quiet. It was just her pouring coffee for a couple people on the counter and there was a group if teenagers in a booth sipping milkshakes and sharing a large portion of chips. Isabel was stood behind the counter, flipping through a magazine, occasionally topping up coffee.

The bell tinkled, causing Isabel to glance up from her magazine. A man came in, with a leather jacket, a dress shirt with the top buttons undone, a couple rope necklaces around his neck, aviator sunglasses and a head of blonde hair. He removed the sunglasses and looked around. He noticed Isabel behind the counter and hoisted himself up on a stool. "I never knew you worked at a greasy spoon?" Roger asked, smirking at her.

"Yeah, well, it pays my rent," Isabel shrugged, "Coffee?" he nodded. She pulled out a mug and grabbed the recently refreshed pot of coffee.

"How've you been? How was the hangover?" Roger asked, taking a gulp.

"Ugh no, don't remind me, it was terribly, I have officially vowed to never drink again," Isabel explained.

Roger chuckled, "Do you actually mean that or are you just saying that?"

"Oh no, I definitely mean it," Roger chuckled again, "Hows everyone else?"

"We're good, got another gig on Saturday at the Unicorn's Mane, will you be there?" he asked, looking hopeful.

Isabel thought for a second, "Yeah, yeah I'll be there," she said, grinning.
Isabel took out her notebook and pencil and began working out the bill for the group of teenagers. Matthew came out from the kitchen and peaked over Isabel's shoulder. He placed his hand on her lower back while she was still scribbling up the bill, causing Isabel to shift uncomfortably.

Roger watched her shoulders go tense and his eyebrows knitted together in concern, "So your definitely coming on Saturday night, yeah?" he asked, trying to break the tension in the room.

"Yeah, yeah it'll be fun," Isabel grinned.

"Saturday night?" Isabel's manager asked, looking between them but keeping his hand on her back, "What's Saturday night?"

Isabel exchanged a look with Roger, "Um, just going out," she said, briefly.

"Your here Saturday night, doll," Matthew said, Isabel gave him a confused look.

"No, no I'm working Saturday morning,"

"The shifts been changed, Molly's working Saturday morning and your taking her 7-2 shift Saturday night," Matthew said, he tried to hide his proud expression with a sympathetic one, "Sorry, that's just how it is," Matthew went back into the kitchen, winking at Roger.