nine

+|+|+

It was nearing 8:30 and the girls were back at the pub. Doing shots and waiting for the band to start. "So, Julie, hows it going with you and John?" Mary asked her, smiling.

"It's going so great, we've been dating for a little over a month now and I feel as if it was meant to be," she gushed, taking a sip from the gin and tonic in her hand.

"That's so great for you guys," Mary grinned. The three girls continued their conversation until they turned their attention to the stage where Brian was making the introductions.

+|+|+

When the performance was nearing an end, the girls were two drinks in. Not drunk, but very tipsy. They poorly sang along and laughed at everything. Throughout the performance, Isabel gazed at the blonde hidden behind the drums. She heard girls calling to him like every show but pretended not to notice.

The show came to an end and the three girls, who had decided against having a third drink, pushed through the crowd and found the band loading their instruments into the van. There was a cigarette between Roger's teeth and a beer in his hand.

"Great show guys," Mary congratulated them. Freddie swooped her into a kiss.

"You think?" Brian asked sarcastically, "I saw you three getting drunk out there,"

"We're not drunk," Isabel giggled, wobbling a little. The boys all gave a 'really' look, "Okay maybe i'm a little tipsy but I'm not drunk, gosh, so dramatic," Brian snickered at her.

"Isabel," Mary said, coming up beside her.

"Hi,"

"Freddie and I are gonna head home, will you be alright?" she asked.

Isabel shrugged, "Yeah, I'm good go, oh and call me tomorrow," Mary grinned and hugged her best friend.

"Alright we're heading off," Freddie announced.

"Us too," John said. Both couples left and Brian shut the van doors.

"I'm gonna head off as-well, it's late and I have the morning shift tomorrow," Isabel said. She hugged Brian and Roger before walking off away from the pub.

It was moments before someone jogged up beside her, she opened her mouth to speak but he spoke first, "Don't say anything, I'm walking you home," Roger said. He lit up a cigarette and placed it between his lips.

"Smokings bad for you, you do know that?" Isabel said, Roger shrugged and took another puff.

"It tastes nice," He said, Isabel shook her head and chuckled, "So you liked the show, yeah?"

"Of course, you guys are great every-night," Isabel said, "Hows tour planning?"

"It's good, we're leaving in two weeks- first stop is Manchester,"

"Cool, cool, where else are you hitting?"

"Leeds, Bristol, Sheffield, Glasgow, Leicester, we're gonna be gone for three weeks," Roger explained.

The two walked in silence for a while until a group of boys were walking towards them on the same pavement. Roger seemed unbothered but Isabel shifted uncomfortable, recognising the woman with the group. "You good?" Roger asked, noticing her go tense. She nodded. She narrowed her eyes at the woman with them and she just smirked deviously back. The woman barged past Isabel who now looked even more pissed off.