ten

+|+|+

why is the picture so big 🙁🙁 anyways enjoy this chapter my loves x

+|+|+

It was 6pm and Isabel was a disaster. She'd taken a long shower which included shaving everywhere and using every product she owned. She's spent a long hour in front of the vanity plucking the loose hairs around her eyebrows and upper lip.

Now she had emptied the contents of her wardrobe trying to find an outfit for the date. She'd wanted something blue because she knew Roger liked her in blue. But the thing was, she had so many blue clothes she couldn't decide what to pick.

She was thinking about the tight, navy blue camisole and black mini skirt but Roger wasn't taking her to the club so she decided against it.

She was thinking about the dark blue mini dress but again- she was only going to a bar.

She did this with most of the outfits she chose.

A half hour later, Isabel settled on a  pair of dark-wash boot cut jeans and a black, waist-coat style top with gold tinted buttons. She removed her pearls and replaced it with another sacred piece of jewellery. It was a gold necklace with a circle pendant. The pendant had a repeating pattern and 'Mija' was engraved on the back. She put a thick, gold bracelet cuff around her wrist then clipped some long, gold earrings in her ear.

She brushed her eyelids in a soft brown and coated her lips in a light shade of pink. She curled her lashes then layered them with mascara. She brushed her hair up into a ponytail and squirted on some flowery perfume.

By now it was nearing 8pm, Isabel was getting frantic. Her face had began to go pink and she'd been patting it with a wet cloth.

When the buzzer went off at 8, she had finally calmed down. She'd put on her black DMs and draped a leather jacket over her shoulders. She buzzed Roger in and checked herself over in the mirror once more. He knocked twice and she opened it. "Hey," she smiled.

Roger smirked at her, "Hey," he wore a leather jacket, a black shirt exposing his chest, jeans, a few rope necklaces, aviator sunglasses, chunking rings and his hair was fixed with hairspray. "You look beautiful," he breathed.

Isabel's face went red and she looked down with a smile. She put her arms into her jacket and shoved her keys in her pocket. "Should we leave?" Roger asked.

"Yeah," she smiled and locked the door behind her.

They got into Roger's van and he drove towards the bar. He drove with one hand on the steering wheel and one on the handbrake. His sunglasses were back on his face because of the brightness of headlights in front of him. A fag was between his lips and Isabel couldn't help but admire him.

The drive was short and Roger parked in front of a bar which Isabel had never been before. He got out the car and then opened the door for her. "Thanks," she said, hopping out.

They went into the bar and moved towards the counter top, taking a seat on one of the tall, black chairs. "What can get for you?" The bartender asked.

"Whatever you have on the tap," Roger said.

"Vodka Lemonade please," Isabel said, "This is a nice place,"

"Yeah," Roger said, looking up at the bright lights above the bar, "So, Isabel, tell me about yourself,"

+|+|+

Roger learnt a lot about Isabel that evening.

He learnt that her favourite bands were The Rolling Stones and The Who and her favourite solo artist was Elvis Presley (this wasn't a big surprise). Her favourite movies were 'Some Like It Hot', 'Casablanca' and 'Westside Story'. She loved watching reruns of the Donna Reed show with her sister. She also loved 'Doctor Who' and 'I dream of Jeannie'. Her favourite colour was navy blue.

She has a sister called Nicole (of course Roger had already known that) and three cousins on her mother's side (Alexa, Matthew and Ella) and her dad's side of the family was unknown because he left when she was young- they didn't touch deeply on the subject however.

She was a psychology major at Uni but really wanted to drop out and just explore.

She had 2 tattoos. Two mini butterflies on her inner hip, a star on her back shoulder and she'd booked an appointment for a semi-colon on her wrist.

Her birthday was January 19th 1950.

+|+|+

Just like Roger learnt about Isabel, she'd learnt about him. When he was in secondary school, everyone called him Roger Meddows instead of Roger Taylor. He was a member of a church choir in exchange for a scholarship (Isabel was very impressed by that). Now, he studies dentistry in college and is working towards a degree in biology.

He has a sister called Clare, his mother was called Winifred and dad called Michael. He was born in Kings Lynn, Norfolk but when his father got a job in Cornwall, they moved to a town called Truro.

He can play ukulele, guitar and drums. His first band was called 'The Bubblingover Boys' which was formed when he was 7 and in it he played Ukulele. He became part of a semi-professional band called 'The Reaction' where he played guitar.

Roger slowly found he was better at playing drums. He learnt how to tune them by himself because he was inspired by Kieth Moon.

His favourite albums were 'Electric Ladyland' and the white album by The Beatles. His favourite actress was Jane Fonda and his favourite actor was Tony Curtis. His favourite movies were 'The Great Race' , 'King Kong' , 'Clockwork Orange' and 'Citizen Kane'. He loved the TV show 'Gunsmoke'.

Silver was his favourite colour. His favourite takeaway was Japanese. His birthday was July 26 1949. He'd always wanted to start a solo career.

+|+|+

"Thanks for a wonderful evening, Roger," Isabel said. They'd arrived back at her flat and were talking in the doorway, "I had a great time,"

"I had a great time as-well," Roger agreed.

Isabel stood on her tip toes and kissed his cheek. "Bye," she said, smiling once more.

"Bye, love,"

+|+|+

(long authors note alert🙁🙁)

CUTIES OMG !!

I want to clarify that the facts about Roger were found on google and the ones I made up (because I thought it would fit is character) were that Roger loved 'Gunsmoke' and 'Citizen Kane'. Probably cos I like Gunsmoke:,).

They might be true but idk lmao.

I would like to add that Isabel's birthday (January 19) is the same as mine hehe.

anyways my lovelies I hope you enjoyed this chapter byee xxx

P.S. If anyone has any tips for a GK in netball pls lmk cos i just started playing and have a match in a couple weeks and wld like some pointers!!!