Part 2 of 2

Yes, yes. Part 2 of 2. Yes. Makes a lot of sense. And I realized that if anyone who read this outside of the Discord server (which I doubt anyone would) they would be really confused. (If you know what Discord server I'm talking about, you know.)

OC Name: Lunya (Main OC)
Fandom: Minecraft (and Watchers if you count that as a fandom)
Species: Human-phoenix-tiger tribrid. And part Watcher
Location: An Ancient City

I can't describe how horrible it was to see your friend/partner being murdered by a murderous Warden, and not being able to do anything about it but watch.

Watching. How I hated that concept.

    My mind was in a state of shock. I felt numb, and I was pretty sure I blanked out. When my brain managed to at least partly sort everything out, I saw that there was no Warden, and I felt normal again.

    What...

    I stumbled upright, and nearly collapsed again. Okay, maybe not completely normal. My legs were sore, and my head pounded. Black closed in on my vision for a second, and I stood there, stock-still. When it returned, I looked around.

    No Warden in sight. No Zarxulbli. No nothing. Not even bats were in the City.

    I had all my memories. I remembered the Warden swinging at Zar, killing him, and then blacking out.

    Unless those were fake.

    But I was sure those were real...I thought. But if they were real, where did the Warden go?

    I was afraid to call out. Zar was probably dead anyways, but then—where was his body? Permanent deaths leave the body of the victim behind, but Zar's body was nowhere in sight.

    I didn't like to go on with nothing but luck, but it wasn't like I had any choice. As I took a step though, I remembered why we came to the Ancient City in the first place.

    The Star. It was our goal, something that might make the Watchers vulnerable. At least, more vulnerable. I decided that if Zar died, at least he wouldn't have died for nothing.

    But he didn't die, I kept thinking. Unless death isn't permanent...but then...why did Amanda die?

    It didn't make sense whatsoever. Still, I had no choice but to go after the Star—I couldn't let the resistance down.

    I snuck through the City, wincing with every step, thinking that the shrieker would go off. But they didn't.

    Why did it set off the last time then? We didn't set it off, I'm sure of that!

    I gritted my teeth, and continued on.

    It was going along well. I was seriously amazed at how big the City was. When I was nearing the center, after thirty minutes of painstakingly slow walking, with the portal frame, I ran into a problem.

    I could see the Star. It was so close. I was about to screw the stealth and run when two Watchers showed up.

    Welp, frick.

    "I knew you'd come."

    One, the taller one, spoke. Their voice was raspy, as if they didn't use it much. They held a long black sword in their hands.

    The shorter Watcher growled at them, turning to face them. "No you didn't, you idiot. You said maybe the Warden went rogue, and killed her as well. You said she was never coming, and that this was just all a waste of time. You said—"