10

Name: ???
Fandom: Genshin Impact
Species: Human
Location: Gandharva Ville

How long had it been?

Weeks?

Months?

Years?

She didn't know. She didn't know many things. She couldn't remember many things. She couldn't remember her name. She couldn't remember her age. She couldn't remember anything about herself, other than her shameful status of a ronin.

Unfortunately, she could remember the people of her past life. Her master, her mother, her father, her master's family, her archon. She could remember everything about them—especially how she had failed them all.

She considered it her curse.

She had been roaming the forests and plains and marches and mountains and jungles since the day she had ran away. She had been lost in Teyvat for a long time now. She didn't know where she was. She had no destination, no meaning. There were little things she did to try to redeem herself to herself, but she knew it wasn't enough. It was never enough.

She tried to avoid civilization at all costs, but she still stumbled into them occasionally.

Those accidents were horrendous. Her voice had long been gone. Her outfit was tattered and ripped and dirtied—she wasn't sure how it had survived this long. She had cut her hair many times with her sword to keep it short, and it must've looked like a crazy person's hair. When people asked her stuff, she ran.

She didn't want to rejoin society. Not ever again.

However, she was still caught once, long, long after she had forgotten everything about herself.

While exploring the jungle, she had begun walking along a man-made dirt road without thinking, and stumbled into a village, built partly on an ancient, twisted tree trunk. She had been lost in her thoughts, before she realized where she was, and stopped when she looked around and saw wooden houses around her. People immediately stopped to stare at her. After all, it wasn't everyday that one sees someone like her wandering in one's village.

She was frozen in place for a second, her eyes displaying her fear. Then she turned and bolted, like she always did.

But she was stopped. It was the first time in such a long time that she had received human contact—or, really, any contact at all. So, when a hand grabbed her wrist, and pulled her to a stop, she immediately froze, and—somehow—her momentum when she tried to run and then suddenly being pull to a stop caused her to lose her balance and fall to the ground. Her shoulder slammed into the hard ground, sending a sharp stab of pain into her.

She winced, letting out a small grunt, and tried to get up, but her mind was already cloudy, and her vision swam. She was in a terribly weak state. It wasn't the first time; she had occasionally had these phases of not sleeping, eating or drinking for days on end—both because she had forgot to, and she didn't want to.

When she tried to push herself up, her limbs kind of just...gave out on her. And not long after, her brain did too, and she fell into a well needed sleep.