3

I am incredibly bored.

OC Name: Nightleaf
Fandom: Wings of Fire
Species: dragon, NightWing-LeafWing hybrid
Location: NightWing Island

Maybe Nightleaf was a bit too harsh on the NightWings.

    One of them stepped on her tail as she thought that.

    Okay, maybe not.

    She growled, unable to roar with her snout clamped closed by the metal ring thing. She spun around, smacking a few guards in the snout with her tail, and felt something jab her in the side.

    She stumbled away unsteadily, startled, and one of the guards pinned her down.

    As she was struggling, a spear appeared in her vision. A bit too close for her liking.

    "Now, now," the guard with the spear said. "Settle down, or do you want to see what this spear can really do?"

    Nightleaf growled in retaliation. Then she closed her eyes, tucked her head in, making herself as small as possible and twisted towards the NightWing pinning her down. Said NightWing did not expect that, and their talons slipped. She kicked them away with her hind legs, then grabbed the spear clumsily with her tied front talons, and yanked it from the guard.

    She felt a jolt of rebellious energy as she won the short game of tug-of-war, and jabbed the spear at the NightWing lunging at her, who stopped just short of the spear's reach, and hissed.

    She lashed her tail, smacking a guard that was sneaking up to her from behind, stunning them for a second, just long enough to jab the non-pointy end of the spear at them, and, surprisingly, knocking them out.

    Nightleaf then suddenly found herself thrown against the wall, and immediately after she hit the ground, three NightWings pinned her down, one was holding down her tail, the other two were pinning down her shoulders and talons. The spear was pulled out of her grasp.

    "Fools! She's half your size and you let her beat you?" said an older, much sinister voice. "You know better than to interrupt me when I'm consulting with the Queen."

    Nightleaf saw, from the corner of her eye, some NightWing guards quivering with fear.

    "S-sorry, Sir," said one of the guards. "But sh-she was putting up a good fight—"

    "Against six of you?" Morrowseer sneered. "You have brought shame to the NightWing tribe! Now, bring her to the lab. If you call for my help again, you will see to the queen personally for your punishment!"

    With that, he turned, his massive body like a large shadow, as he flew outside, his wingbeats getting fainter and fainter.

    Nightleaf struggled as they flew her over to the lab. She had let them take her there once before, out of curiosity, and regretted it. It was horrible. She wouldn't willingly do what the scientist, Mastermind, said, so he had consistently shocked her with an iron rod kind of thing, until he got frustrated and just touched the rod to her shoulder and didn't remove it until she finally made a tiny grass seed grow. She didn't know why she didn't bite him. The guards had removed her metal ring that prevented her from doing it, but for some reason she didn't have the heart to hurt Mastermind, even though she desperately did want to.

    When the guards chained her to the same room's floor again, Mastermind came in, and looked a lot like a dragonet who just learned how to fly. In other words: very excited.

    Nightleaf growled.

    "Alright! Now, today is going to be plain, and simple," Mastermind started, his tone cheerful. Nightleaf only glared. Mastermind put down a metal bowl with soil in it on the far side of the room. "I want to see how far you can make a plant grow. So, please do cooperate this time."

    "As if," Nightleaf said with a snort.

    Mastermind's tone stayed the same cheerfulness as before, and Nightleaf was really tempted to make that vine seed grow and strangle the dragon just to wipe that smile off his face.

    "Now, now," Mastermind said. "If you won't cooperate, I will be forced to do something unpleasant. At least, unpleasant to you. I am curious how lava would affect a dragon like you."

    "If you're curious, then do it!" she growled. Internally, though, she was cursing herself for saying that. She hated anything to do with fire and lava, as it hurt the plants, but if she had to die to keep the LeafWings and Pantala a secret, then so be it.

    Mastermind merely shrugged. "If you say so."

    He put on a pair of gloves, picked up a metal bowl and went over to a lava vat. He let the lava fill up the metal bowl, and approached her with it. Excess lava dripped on the floor, hissing.

    Nightleaf narrowed her eyes. Mother had always told her that her curiosity would kill her one day, but she couldn't help but be curious. Nightleaf could sense that the NightWing was curious as well. It was something she never understood. She could feel the emotions of other dragons, and, occasionally, scavengers, on the rare occasions that they encountered one in the Rainforest.

    Mastermind tipped the bowl slowly to one side, and a drop of the thick red-gold liquid landed on her scales.

    Nightleaf roared in pain, and struggled on the chains. It was not what she expected. It was hot, but so hot that it felt freezing cold. Her brain was being overloaded with messages from her system, it was as if her scales were melting off.

    The lava hissed when it met the cold(er) air and her scales, and soon cooled, hardening into a tiny patch of black igneous stone on her black scales. The stone felt as if it were glued onto her, and when she shook her whole body, it did not come off. But the pain lingered, and Nightleaf wobbled on her feet, as if she was about to pass out.

    She growled at Mastermind.

    "Well?" he asked, as if the events of the last few seconds hadn't happened at all.

    Nightleaf quivered. She almost considered saying yes. But then she thought about the stories Father had told her, about the peaceful village, the war, the trees that were all cut down. She didn't want to let the NightWings know more about the LeafWings, or Pantala or anything.

    Nightleaf shook her head, and roared again when the lava dripped onto her scales again, in a slightly different spot than before.

    This happened again. And again. And again, again. Mastermind was taking his time. Nightleaf wasn't sure how much time had passed, but at some point, she had gone numb, and she thought she passed out when she suddenly woke to screaming.

    She found herself still chained to the floor in the room. But Mastermind was in a different spot. He was on the ground next to her, the lava from the bowl had spilled on him, and herself, and was hardening into rock. The NightWing scientist was quivering, and Nightleaf saw fresh blood on his front talons and his leg.

    Nightleaf didn't find out what had happened until later, after the guards had barged in in reaction to Mastermind's screams and taken her back to her smelly and hot cave, that she had bitten Mastermind's talon from the little dragonet named Kinkajou, who heard from the guards gossiping about the mutant NightWing that bit the scientist.

—————

I don't know what I was going with this to be honest.
-Lunya

P.S. I still suck at angst, you can't make me think otherwise.