Chapter 2

I pull out a chair, and sit across from Henri. I take off my due rag. My hair is back to black now. "His new ability is lumen. He's fire restence." I nod.

"I'm sorry about earlier. I just lost it." I say to him

"I know. I'm not mad. You just need to work on controlling it." I nod, "now go. Take a shower, and go to bed. You have school tomorrow." I get up and push the chair in. Once I take a shower. I go to bed.

"It's about time." Nine says, jumping up off the floor. From doing pushups. "You look like hell."

"I feel like it." I feel myself break down. He walks over, and hugs me. I wrap my arms around his bare waist.

"Shhh." He whisperes in my ear.

"Four got his fist legecy. He's fire resisted now."

"I remember what it was like when I got my first legacy." He laughs, "aw man I can't tell you how many times sandor, told me told me to get off the celling." I laugh against his shoulder. His skin is cold.

"You're cold." I say.

"I'm fine." I know he's not. I wake up due to Henri shaking me.

"You're talking in loric." He says,

"Can I go back to sleep?" I ask,

He nods, "say hi to none for me." I drift back off to sleep.

"You left." Nine says,

"Henri woke me. Apparently I was speaking loric in my sleep." He runs a hand through my hair.

"Why is your hair pink?" He asks, I feel my face get red.

"I don't know." It means I'm in love. I don't know how I know that. So I guess Henri was right. Like always.

"You're blushing." My face gets reader. He smiles at me. I can't help, but stare at his lips. I need to pull myself together. He runs a hand through his hair. I can't take it anymore. I grab his waist, and pull him in. I kiss him on the lips hard. When I break the kiss he smiles again. "Wow, all you had to do was ask." I'm surprised he's not mad. "I always thought I would make the first move." He says, after a minute. I feel my face get red again. He runs a hand down my cheek.

"If I ever mange to get you out of here. We have to go out."

He smiles, and places his hands on my hips. "You have a deal." He kisses me so hard. He accidentally pushes me into the bars. He breaks it. "I hope we meet in person one day." With that he disappears, and I'm staring at the moon on my planet. I can't believe that just happened. I wake up as the sun peaks through my window. I slowly roll out of bed. I walk over to my dresser, and pull on a blue tank and shorts. I walk out to see Henri doing his daily routine.

"How's nine, holding up? Besides being in prison." He asks, my face turns red immediately.

"I think we're dating." He sets down his coffee.

"What do you mean?"

My face gets reader. If that's possible. I run a hand through my hair. That's now dark orange. "I kissed him. Then, he kissed me."

He shakes his head. "You're falling for him hard."

"I know." He sighs

"I understand if you go off to find him."

"I can't. I have to protect four. I want too, but I have to stay here. We'll find him, right?" He nods.

"The choice is yours." He says

"I know. Henri, I know." He nods,

Four walks in. "Morning." He mutters, pouring a glass of orange juice. Four runs to school. I walk. Walking helps me. I also enjoy the cold. It's like the planet has decided to turn its back on us. It makes my heart less cold. This version of me. Is just a mask. The world doesn't need to know how cold i truly am. Nor does it care. I walk into the school. Nothing happens besides Sara inviting me and four to a Halloween festival. They're hosting tonight. At lunch we sit down with Sam.

"That was impressive yesterday." Sam says,

"It was nothing." Then I feel an impact of something. I turn around to see mark laughing. Me and four share a look. I jump up and push mark into a wall.

"Leave us alone." I growl,

"Freya!" Four yells, pulling me away from mark with all his strength. We all get sent to the principals office we get off with a warning. Mark gets no warning and gets treated like nothing happened.

As we walk out I say "I'm going to kill him."

"No you're not." Four says

"Here." Sam hands me a 'they live among us' magazine. The stuff in her about the mogdoriens are true.

"Can i borrow this?" I ask

"Sure just return it tomorrow." I nod, four runs home I walk home. Four tells Henri all about the festival sam and Sara. He agrees to let us go.

"John, freya," Sam yells, as he runs over to us. Sara and her friend slightly behind him.

"Ready for he hayride?" She asks i nod,

"Alright, you two have fun. Be careful." Henri, says as we leave. It doesn't go so well. I almost kill mark. Four throws everyone in the woods, and mark takes a knife and cut from my eyebrow through my left eye down to my cheek bone. When we get back to our house. Henri stitches me up. "You two need to stop making enemies." He says, the 'they walk among us' magazine resting in the table when he finishes he pays my shoulder. "Go to be, you need rest." I go to my bed and go to sleep.

"What happened!" Nine, yells. As he sees my stitches.

"I got in a fight with the wrong person." He runs his finger down it.

"It makes you look fierce." I smile at him. He sits down on the floor. I sit next to him. He pulls me on his lap. I rest my head on his shoulder. I reach my hand back so I can play with his hair. "You seem tired."

"I'm fine." He turns me to face him. He stares into my eyes. His brown eyes seem to be elsewhere.

"You're so beautiful." He says, as he kisses the top of my head. I feel my heart beat pick up, and I know he can hear it. He smirks at me. "Do I make you nervous?" He asks,

My heart rate quickens. He does. He might be the only person who can defagh my cold heart. "Yes." I mutter. I can feel his breath on my neck. He kisses me on my neck. I try to bite back a moan, but fail.

"You like that. I'll remember that." He whispers against my neck. I shiver from his breath. I can't take the way he's looking at me anymore. I close the little space between us. Kissing him hard. He stops me. "I want to save this for when we meet." I nod, I rest my head on his chest. Once I wake up I change, and go to the kitchen.

"I'm going to find the head corters." He says waving the magazine. "Give it back to Sam." He hands it to me and leaves.

Well hoped you liked it.

The world is a cruel, cold place. We won't make it out alive. At least not with our sanity intact.