Chapter 17

The wind outside is blowing. I lay little Henri down in his crib. It's been a year since the fall of the foundation. Not like any of that matters anymore.I settle down on the couch. A cup of coffee in one hand. While I wait for nine to come home. The door open and he hangs his coat on the coat each he sits down next to me. Resting his head on my shoulder. "You look hot with my t shirt on I must say." I feel myself blush. I wrap an arm him. He moves close. I rest my head on his, and close my eyes. I was worried about him. I don't know why. I know he can take care of himself.

"Somethings coming." I tell him,

"It's nothing we can't handle."

"You don't know that." He pulls me closer to him.

"We'll be ok. How's Henri?" He asks,

"I just layed him down. He gets crinkly when he's tired. Like his dad."

"I don't."

"You kind of do."

"Want to make another one?" He asks, kissing my hair,

"Can we wait until this one's out of diapers, please."

"Alright, but only because you asked." I smile at that. I hear a knock on the door. I groan.

"It's open!" Nine yells,

"What did I tell you about locking the door?" I ask,

"The only people we have to worry about barging in is nigel and the OG's" he has a point. Nigel's my gaurd. I'm tasked with training him. There has been a few times that he's shown up here in a panic. Four walks in closing the door behind him. "Johnny boy." Nine greets, as he removes his head from mine. I remove mine from his shoulder.

"I just got a call from walker. Adams missing." He informs us. Causing both of us to jump to our feet. I lose my balance and nine ends up catching me.

"That goddamn mog." Nine curses,

"How did he get out?" I ask,

Four shakes his head. "I don't know. Walker says they think he escaped."

"You don't." I tell him, already knowing he doesn't.

"No, I think someone kidnapped him. I know it's far fetched, but it just doesn't seem like Adam to just escape." I nod,

"Have you told the others?" Nine asks,

"No, marina already knows. I'm about to tell Ella. Then I'll call six and Sam. Also there's a meeting tomorrow morning. That I want everyone to attend."

"Just the OG's?" Nine asks,

"And the fugitive six. At least what's left of them anyway." Four answers, ran died, Caleb joined the human gaurd, and Isabela we don't know. She kind of disappeared.

"Anything on isabela?" I ask,

"Yeah, I had Nigel contact Caleb to ask him. I know he'll be there, but as for Isabela I don't know." With that he leaves.

"I guess that means we need to sleep." Nine says,

"You mean standing upside down on the ceiling." I correct.

"Yeah." I nod, and we head to bed.

Sorry it's been forever. I hope this made up for it. Even though it was short.