Chapter 14

I think the hardest thing I've ever done is walk next to my brother. As he goes to see Sara's dead body. I know he told me he wanted to do this alone. I'm going to ignore him. Unless he throws me out of the ship. I'm going to be by his side. Sam and nine stand outside. "Frey, thanks, but I want to do this by myself." He says as he's about to walk in the ship.

"Not unless you throw me out of the ship." I cross my arms.

He shakes his head. "I'm sorry." He throws me back to nine and Sam. With his telikonises. I don't go after him.

Nine try's to stifle a laugh. "I could have told you that was going to happen." He says, helping me up. "You ok? Babe."

"Yeah, I'm ok." Marina comes out on a stretcher. Six using her telikonises to carry it. I give her a nod. Ella walks next to Adam. Blue energy around her. We already lost the war. I heart feels so heavy. I don't know why. I'm not the cause of this. Julie walks out. Limping. She follows Marina and six. What the hell happened? Nine puts his arms around me. I let my body rest against him. "Neun, we aren't going to win this." I say, pulling away. We go to bed. Once we all get settled. Saying it was already late when they got here. I put my sword on the desk in the room.

"This is crazy. One day we're hiding from the government, and then suddenly boom." He claps his hands together for emphasis. "We become besties with them. It's a bunch of bull of you ask me." He says, as he takes off his shirt.

"Yeah, what can we do though? We need their help. Like it or not. I mean Sara's dead, eights dead, Marinas in a coma, four is on the edge of a mental breakdown, five is bad, and the only people that can save us are a bunch of random kids who somehow manged to get legacies. Seems like to me the military is the best option we have."

He sighs shaking his head. "I think I'm going to sleep on the ceiling." I can't help but grin at him. "What?" He asks,

"You're so cute." I say, to him. He smiles.

He walks over to me. Placing his hands on my hips. His lips only inches from mine. He kisses me. Then pulls away. "If the general or anyone else misgenders you at the meeting tommow or ever I'll kill them."

"You don't have to be so protective. Besides we don't need anymore enemies. Thank you though."

"Just so you know I was serious about sleeping on the celling."

"Shut up." I say, hitting him on the arm. He lays down. I rest my head on his chest. He wraps an arm around me. "Thank you."

"For what?"

"For being so accepting."

"Nothing will ever change the fact that I love you, and if it did then that just ment I didn't really love you for who you are." I find myself tracing shapes on his chest. He doesn't say anything.

"Neun, I love you." I say, I do. I've just been afraid to say it.

He doesn't respond for a long time. "I love you too. I was just afraid of losing you,"

"I get it. I'm afraid of losing you too." The lights go off, and we both go to sleep. He wakes up first like always.

When I open my eyes. He asks, "boyfriend, girlfriend, or partner."

"Girlfriend." He kisses my hair. I love when he does that.

"Ready?" He asks,

"Nope. I just hope four doesn't do anything stupid."

"I know." I slowly get up. I put on a black tank top, and some shorts. I shove my sword in my pocket. We walk out into the hallway. "Hey, Johnny, wait up!" He yells at four. Four stops and looks at us. He looks exhausted. He has dark circles under his eyes, his hairs a mess, and you can tell he's been crying. My whole life I've done everything in my power to protect him. I can't protect him from this. Once we cutch up I place a hand on his shoulder.

"I take it you're not ready for this." I say, i don't want to ask him how he is or how he's holding up. It's clear he's not. Plus everyone else has probably been asking him that.

"No,"

"Well I've got your back, so does neun." I glare at nine for a second.

"Yeah you have me." He says,

"See," he nods his head weakly. I remove my hand from his shoulder. I wish there was something more I could do for him. Not like I can take emotions away. We walk past the twins and into the room. Sam, Daniella, six, Lexa, Ella, and Julie are already there. We all take our seats. I look over to see Julie leaning back in her chair her legs crossed up on the table, and her arms crossed. She looks like she owns the place. I reach for nines hand under the table. He's hand takes mine.  They bring Adam in. He's in handcuffs and chains. He looks almost as bad as four. Me and four jump up at the same time.

He starts first "he helped us, and now you have him in chains. Why? I get it he's mogdorian, but he's one of us. He's one of the good guys. Now if you don't release him we'll leave you on your own." Four walks over to Adam. No one makes a move to stop him.

"Kid, you don't want us as your enemy." Lawson says, laughing slightly. Everyone of us jumps up. Four sets fire to adams chains. Nine clenches his fists. Ella's eyes spark. Julie has her swoard ready. Sam has his hands out as if to use his telikonises. Six looke like she could brew a storm. Lexa has her gun ready. Daniela could use her stone vision whenever she wants to. I draw out my swoard.

"No, old man. You don't want to mess with us. We've been hiding from the mogs our whole lives. Where have you been? Oh, that's right. Helping them hunt us. We can take you all out and the mogs it might take us a few decades but we can do it. So no, you don't want us as your enemy." I practically growl at them. My hands tight around the handle. They try anything. Their all dead.

"Fine. Adam have a seat." They have to pull a chair over to the table. He sits down in it. Nodding both to me and four. Once the meetings over. Four frees Adam the rest of the way. Nine already went back to our room. I told him I'd stay with four. We're both worried about him.

"There's something I want to sure both of you." Adam says, as he hits a number on the elevator.

"What is it?" I ask,

"You will see." The doors slide open. We walk out into the hall, and then into a room. A communications room with a man in there monitoring mog communication. A bold move.

I learned alone time ago, don't trust the military, and never ever trust people who used to want you dead. Thing is we have no choice but to trust them.