08

Farewell Gift

"Biu" Apo called me while I am busy folding my shirt.

"Why?" I asked.

"Do you think, this suits me?" Apo asked pertaining to that white polo with a black chekerd necktie.

"uh, yeah? of course" I said without any hesitation.

"Ok, i will wear this one for Nod's farewell party this saturday" Apo said turning back.

I froze upon hearing that, I just remembered that so called dinner that Nodted planned.

"What do you mean farewell party? Is he going back abroad immediately?" I asked and faced Apo.

Apo looked at me innocently and nodded a bit.

"Yeah, technically, Nod will immediately fly to Germany in Sunday afternoon" Apo said and I felt a heavy breathing. My chest tighten as I felt a guilt in my heart.

"Ok thanks" I gulped down and looked away.

Should I talk to him and apologize? It is a sign to fix everything with my best friend?

I can't stand having a beef with him, nor a misunderstanding. I suffered a couple of years not having a contact with him, I struggled not having the person I trust the most.

I stand up and pick up my phone and bag. "I gotta go"

"Where are you going?" Apo asked.

"I'll be right back" I hurried out of my room and went straight to our parking lot.

"Oh, Phi? where are you going at this hour?" I turned to look back, and it was Barcode with his pajama and holding a glass of milk.

"I forgot something in the office, I'll be right back" I said before entering my car.

+++

I entered the mall and luckily it's still open, I still caught up and I can still buy a gift for nodted.

While wandering around, I saw a small boutique. I stopped in front to see what's inside. I tilt my head a bit to see what's the name of this boutique.

Buildurluv ( ℳ๑ ℬꮺഒ﹅⊹ )

What's the meaning of that symbols though? And the name sounds familiar, It's none of my business, maybe the owner just want to have a unique name for his business.

I shook my head and proceed walking inside the boutique, I roam around to see what can I buy for Nod.

There's a lot of native things to buy inside, there's foods, shirts, ratan bags, and other accessories made of native things in Thailand.

In other corner of the boutique, I saw a group of man's accessories. Maybe I can pick some here.

"Hi sir, what can I help?" A middle aged woman came to approach me with a wide smile.

I faced her and bowed with my hands.

"Hello ma'am, I would like to buy man's accessories, but I can't pick specifically" I smile and a bit of embarrassment, what a shame of me, who came here to buy, but don't have any idea what to pick.

"Oh, Who are you going to give as a gift? Is it your boyfriend?" The woman asked.

"Uh, no hahaha, it's just my friend who will fly back to another country, so I decided to give him a farewell gift to remember" I said with a smile.