11

Listen to Strong by One Direction while reading this chapter

_____

PITCH BLACK

It's been two days that I didn't go to work, I need to clear my mind and let everything sink into my mind.

I've been locking myself inside my room, I only go out to get my food and immediately go back inside.

In two days, I didn't saw Barcode nor Jeff. At least Apo and Us visited and check on me, I just did an alibi that I am not feeling well and need to rest.

Jeff is not telling me anything, somehow I am waiting for him to say something and explain what's happening with him and Barcode. Even a single message, I didn't receive from him, after that night I didn't get to see him again.

Maybe he was just busy, again. I don't know if I should believe my guts about them, that what if there's something in between Jeff and Barcode.

"But why did he still proposed to me? Why didn't he testify during the announcement of our arrange marriage?" I asked myself massaging both of my temple.

I just realized that locking myself inside doesn't ease the things I am thinking.

So today I am planning to go back to work, two days are enough to clear my mind. I need to go back and finish all the papers that lines up for the past few days.

Staying at home makes me feel sick, I'm not used to just laying down all day and staring at the ceiling. I badly want to message Nodted to ask how he's been doing there, but I can't. He already told me he needs space and I won't let my boredom bother him.

+++

I arrived at the company around twelve o'clock, perfect for lunch time.
I walk inside as I made my way through my office.

"Oh, Biu you're here? Are you feeling good?" I saw Us walking towards me.

"Yeah, besides I need to finish those documents inside my office" I said smiling, we both walk towards my office.

As we walk pass by Bible's office, I saw him sitting there busy with the papers above his table. He tilt his head to look at me, our eyes met I thought he was going to approach me, so I was about to smile and wave my hands, but suddenly he did not stand up nor smile, he just look down and continue what he is doing.

I was surprised at his behavior, but I just proceed walking to my office together with Us. I took a deep breath when I felt my chest tighten in sorrow.

When we reached my office Us asked me. "Are you ok?"

"Yes" I smiled a bit and sit down.

since my office chair and table is facing Bible's, I can see him through the glass.

"He's been like that since the day you didn't go to work" Us uttered and I just look at him.

"What happened? Is there any problem in the company?" I asked and head back my gaze to Bible.

"No, the construction of the new building is doing well" Us said and lean on my table.

"Maybe he just want to do well in his work, that's why he's like that" I said even though I'm not totally sure, just not to assume something.

"Alright, let's not talk about him, because the last time we were, you rudely walked out of our conversation" Us said letting me remember that night.