Peter's Relaxing Day

Peter had just woken up on a cold winter day, he was wrapped in blankets and the curtains in his room swayed with the wind ever so slightly to let some rays of sunlight through, Peter felt the warm fabric of his pajamas swaddle him.

It was Saturday, a very hard earned Saturday, and these calm and comforting mornings were precious to Peter.

He lay in bed staring at the ceiling, counting the cracks in it. Then he would slowly shift his arms and legs, burrowing further into his blanket.

After about an hour of laying in bed, Peter woke up. He stretched his arms and yawned, glaring at the clock, the time read 1𝒑𝒎.

𝘊𝘢𝘭𝘮𝘭𝘺--not in a rush, Peter made his way off of the bed and he entered the bathroom.

He did his business, brushed his teeth, took a hot, steaming shower, shampooed his hair(which is something he hasn't done in a while) and put on fresh new clothes--not dirty ones that smelt. He wore a soft white turtle neck and grey jeans, with a baby blue jacket on top to shield him from the cold.

He combed his now soft hair, 𝘴𝘭𝘰𝘸𝘭𝘺--not in a hurry while wondering if the teachers would finally have enough of his tardiness and excuses for being late.

He left his room and gently climbed down the stairs and made his way to the kitchen. He could smell bacon and eggs.

"Hey Petey-" May was cut off by Peter pulling her into a hug, she was startled at first but then dug her fingers into his hair while wrapping her arms around him protectively.

"Good afternoon? What's up with you?" She asked, a soft smile still resting on her face even after Peter pulled away from her.

"Nothin'...love you" Peter mumbled out while making his way to the dining table, which earned him a confused glance from May.

"Love you too Pete" She said, as she served him his food on a plate.

****

After eating breakfast, Peter finished his homework, it only took him 2 hours, so he was still left with the whole day ahead of him, and anyone could probably guess what he was going to do with all that time.

Peter quickly made his way to his bedroom and pulled out his Spider-man costume. Hurriedly putting it on and jumping out of his window.

Of course, it was still rather cold out, so the people of New York had the pleasure of seeing spiderman swinging around the city wrapped in blankets and wearing a beanie.

Peter just stopped a few muggings and some petty shop lifting attempts, nothing too major, he just did his job, swinging around the city as if he was in auto-pilot. It was comforting in a way. Having the cool breeze of winter zip passed you as you hang onto a building by a single spider-web was something Peter thought of as a form of therapy.

After 6 hours of saving people, Peter came back home, and took off his costume. He neatly folded it and placed it back into his closet.

He made his way into Aunt May's room and dragged her over to the couch in the living room to watch a movie.

She happily obliged and whipped out some snacks for her and Peter to share.

***

So, there lay May and Peter Parker, bundled up in a heavy comforter, chip bags strewn across the floor.

But we don't pay attention to that.

We pay attention to how May's hand is in Peter hair, as she gently threads through it.

And how Peter hold onto her tightly with a soft smile grazing his face.

They doze off, happily, knowing that tomorrow was to be a Sunday, and they would get just one other day like this before another hectic week began all over again.