Valentine's Day

Today was fourteenth January, exactly a month away from a day that all couples in the world looked forward to, Valentines Day.

However, being single, Peter Parker shouldn't be as excited about this day as everyone else, which would leave the reader wondering, "Why is Peter, a single boy, so overjoyed about this day? Could it truly be? Does he have a love? Is there someone he likes?!"

These are the same questions that passed through Mj's mind as she stared at Peter across the classroom. With a grumpy expression, she turned away at her thoughts of jealousy.

Peter, on the other hand, stuck his tongue out as he drew something on a piece of paper carefully, anyone who had met the boy would tell you that his current inner thoughts were no joke.

Classes passed by, first period, second, third, and finally, break.

Mj went over to her usual spot at Ned and Peter's table, she had become so familiar with the routine of walking towards either of their faces that as soon as the bell rang she moved on her own.

She took a seat and pulled out an English textbook and her sandwich.

"Hey Mj!" Ned exclaimed as the girl in question took a bite out of her food.

"Hey loser, what game did you get this time? You're shining brighter than the sun" She conveyed her thoughts in an annoyed tone.

"You could tell? I got a new pet sheep actually, in minecraf--"

BANG

Ned was rudely interupted by an extremely loud noise which originated from their currently empty Geometry classroom.

"What's going on?" He asked, to which Mj replied with a small "hm" indicating that she didn't know.

"Well then let's go find out, what if someone's hurt?" He finished as he quickly rose from his chair and grabbed Mj's hand.

"Don't drag me! I'm coming" She exclaimed as Ned dragged her along anyway.

They both stopped infront of the door to the classroom, Ned placed his ear against it, trying to listen to what was going on as it seemed that the door was locked.

"What'dya hear?" Mj asked quietly, to which Ned held up his hand, looking offended, she slapped his hand away and placed her ear against the door too.

"Ahh, I'm sorry--"

"It's fine Peter, the chairs here were always a bit flimsy, I would've expected one to fall over by now" Mj and Ned heard two voices.

"Do you think you could help me?" They heard someone mutter, their eyes widened when they recognized the voice as Peter's.

"Of course! This is so much better than a normal Valentines confession, they're lucky to have you" They heard another sweet voice, it sounded like Cindy, but they couldn't be sure.

"Thanks so much, I can't wait to hand it over on Valentine's Day" Peter replied to her sweet comment.

"Valentines Day?! Peter has a Valentine?!" Ned scream-whispered wide eyed at Mj, who returned the expression.

They pressed their ears harder against the door, but to no avail as Peter and (allegedly) Cindy walked away, their voices getting softer and softer until they completely disappeared.

After staying in their position, stuck to the door with their heads flat against it for a few minutes, Mj got up. She held out a hand for Ned, which he took and raised himself up.

They stood awkwardly in the hallway, processing this strange and shocking new information slowly.

Then Mj, finally gaining the courage to speak, said, "Well..who do ya think it is?"